Are you tired all the time? Do you struggle to stay awake? Do you always feel like crawling into your bed? If yes, then you’ll be glad to know that none of this is a cause for concern. Fatigue during pregnancy is a natural phenomenon and is witnessed all over the world. There are also many natural ways to assist you in overcoming it.
When does fatigue occur?
Fatigue is most pronounced during the first trimester of pregnancy and often returns during the third trimester.
Why is fatigue caused during pregnancy?
Some of the factors responsible for fatigue are:
- Low blood sugar level
- Low blood pressure
- Increased blood production
- Increase in progesterone levels
- Morning sickness
- Iron deficiency
- Stress during pregnancy
How do I overcome fatigue during pregnancy?
Here are the most effective ways to combat fatigue naturally:
- Have sufficient sleep during pregnancy—around 10 hours a night. Cut back on fluids before going to bed so your sleep remains undisturbed by bathroom breaks. Take naps whenever required. If you are at the office, rest for 10 to 15 minutes at your desk whenever possible. Not sure of how to sleep during pregnancy? Know more about all sleeping positions during pregnancy that you can follow and help your body relax.
- Introduce light exercises to your daily routine. Step out for a walk and let the fresh air rejuvenate you. Practice yoga poses, stretches, and deep breathing exercises.
- Follow the pattern of six meals a day for a healthy pregnancy. Do not miss out on any of these as they help keep your blood sugar level steady.
- Eat foods rich in protein, iron, carbohydrates, and vitamin B6 and B12. Maintain a nutritious, balanced diet comprising whole grains, lentils, dairy products, fruits, and vegetables. Avoid caffeine and junk food.
- Curb your sugar cravings. Though it gives you an instant energy boost, it will leave you even more tired later.
- Rest as much as you can. Lie down or sit with your feet up. Avoid exertion. Slow down the pace of work at the office and at home. Take help from your family and friends to ease your tasks.
Organize your daily schedule to accommodate the above and make your prenatal journey easier to bear.
What are the other problems that may occur with fatigue?
In most cases, fatigue during pregnancy is not a concern. Consult your doctor if you suffer from depression, fainting, or breathlessness along with fatigue.
For more tips related to pregnancy & post pregnancy care, visit Pampers India. Be rest assured to get solutions to all of your problems & get all your queries answered.