As small kids, I remember the excitement among us when Children’s Day would approach. The toffees, candies, colour dress, balloons and decorations. However, the most exciting thing about Children’s Day had always been the free periods and the performances planned by our idols – teachers. It used to be a “no studies” day, where even our parents would let us free. Evenings would be total fun and frolic; and all that we ask for would be granted, by and large. Those memories still languish in our minds and hearts. These are the Top 10 Things To Bring Fun Home This Children’s Day.
With the passage of time even the mode of this celebration has changed. Children’s Day celebration has become a celebration event restricted to school. As parents, we are less willing to keep aside our other commitments and schedules and involve ourselves in things which make their day special at home as well. No doubt the parents buy the most expensive dress for their kid to wear to school, but that’s not the real fun part. Engaging with the child not just for studies, but also in other fun and learning activities result in happy and contented children. Let us leave alone our usual strict selves and behave like kids with them. Try to pleasantly surprise them and make their day a memorable one. They will love it. So how do we make them feel on top of the world?
1. Decorate the house: This idea is sure to be a hit among the kids. It could be their favorite cartoon character or just any other theme. The kids will love it and appreciate every bit of it.
2. Plan for an outing: Kids love to discover different places and doing different things. Planning for an outing to a place which was always on their wish list is sure going to be a pleasant surprise for them.
3. Engage in Board games: Board games are the best and the easiest way to engage all the family in one activity at one time. Imagine the laughs and the little fights over every move is going to make yours and theirs day a special one.
4. Engage in Art & Craft: Many kids love to do some Art & Craft as their hobby. Then engaging in her/his hobby and doing simple things with them will make their day a joyous and exciting one.
5. Reading a Book: Many kids are passionate about Reading. So gifting a book and sitting together for reading the book is a very good option. It serves two purposes – improving listening and reading skills, as well as making wise utilization of time.
6. Gifting them with chocolates: This is the best ever option, hands down. Nothing brings an instant smile on the face of a child than a chocolate. Which other better chocolate than our very own Cadbury’s Dairy Milk!! Given an opti