Pregnancy is an amazing journey with a whole new life waiting for you on the other side. Your body undergoes many changes during this spell, and some of the most vital changes begin when you are 7 weeks pregnant.
Frequent urination is one of them, and no woman enjoys this part. Having to visit the bathroom repeatedly can be quite vexing. Hence, we’ve collated some effective tips to help you with frequent urination during pregnancy.
What causes frequent urination during the 7th week of pregnancy?
Change in the hormones during pregnancy triggers the kidneys to expand and produce more urine. This is the main reason causing your frequent bathroom visits. Another reason is that your uterus begins to expand, putting pressure on your bladder. This happens even when you are 7-weeks-pregnant and your baby is very small.
How do I ease frequent urination during pregnancy?
Simple lifestyle changes during pregnancy are important. Follow the tips below daily to reduce frequent urination during the first trimester:
What other symptoms come with frequent urination?
- Lean forward while peeing to empty your bladder completely.
- Practice Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
- Avoid carbonated drinks, tea, coffee, chocolates, and spicy foods as they irritate the bladder.
- Reduce the intake of water before going to bed to avoid nightly visits to the bathroom. However, do not remain thirsty, especially during the day.
- Make a paste of pomegranate skin and take it with few drops of water daily or pop some roasted horse grams with jaggery.
Frequent urination during the 7th week of pregnancy
is normal as long as it is not accompanied by blood, a burning sensation, or tender lower abdomen. Urination with only a few drops is also a matter of concern. Frequent urination may sometimes lead to urinary tract infection. In any of these cases, consult your doctor immediately.
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!