- 1 What is Makhana?
- 2 Myth surrounding Makhana
- 3 How do we get/make Makhanas?
- 4 Nutritional facts about Makhana
- 5 Health Benefits of Makhana
- 5.1 Slowing down the Ageing Process
- 5.2 Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- 5.3 Effective in weight loss
- 5.4 Energy boosters
- 5.5 Good for Kidneys
- 5.6 A Boon to Diabetics
- 5.7 Loaded with fiber
- 5.8 Aids in treating Diarrhea
- 5.9 Helpful in relieving Arthritis in Adults
- 5.10 Promotes fertility
- 5.11 Helps in treating Insomnia
- 5.12 Detoxification of the spleen
- 6 How to consume Makhana
- 7 Side Effects of Makhana
What is Makhana?
Makhanas is the other name given to lotus seeds. Belonging to the family of genus Nolumbo, this species of plant based product is proved to be packed with umpteen health benefits. It is known in the other parts of the world by the name of Euyrale fox, or fox nuts or gogon nuts. While in India it is simply referred to as phool makhana up North due to the distinct resemblance to a flower. Read more about the Health Benefits Of Makhana – Nutrition & Side Effects.