The journey to Motherhood has just begun and the sweetness of the journey is also coupled with it’s own challenges and demands. The topmost priority being the healthy growth and weight gain of your new born. As we are all aware that exclusive breastfeeding should be practiced for atleast 6 months, it is important for us to be well informed and equipped in this regard. One such equipment to help the new moms is a Breast Pump. Here are the Best Breast Pumps In India 2018.
Breast Pumps are of two types:-
- 1 Manual Breast Pumps –
- 2 Electric Breast Pumps –
- 3 Best Breast Pumps In India
- 4 Best Electric Breast Pump In India
- 5 Best Manual Breast Pumps in India
Manual Breast Pumps –
More suitable for those moms who are stay-at-home or intend to use it occasionally only during emergencies or urgent situations. Manual Breast pumps are not that easy on hands as it requires some effort to extract the milk. If milk extraction and storage is a regular affair then, Manual Breast Pumps would not be the ideal choice.
Electric Breast Pumps –
These work on electricity, thus are more hassle-free, time-saving and convenient too. Comparatively higher priced than the Electric Breast Pumps, these are a very good option for frequent users / daily users and a savior for working moms. We have Single Breast Pump as well as Double Breast Pump.
It may also interest you to read –
Best Breast Pumps In India
For occasional users, we would suggest Philips Manual Breast Pumps- in the Manual Breast Pumps category. As it is noise-free, convenient, pocket-friendly and works efficiently too. One more advantage to it being the unique design which facilitates proper posture and convenience during the process of pumping.
If you are on a regular pumping routine, then it is best to opt for Medela or Trumom Electric Single/Double Breast Pump. It has multiple phase expression to ensure higher efficiency plus it is lighter on your wallets too.
Best Electric Breast Pump In India
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump Electric
Enjoying the top position in the list, this Breast Pump is pre-set at a 2 minute stimulation phase, following which expression process takes place on its own.
- It comes in an attractive tote bag consisting of different sizes of breast shields, milk bottles and ice pack insulated bags
- High in efficiency and comfort level
- Two phase expression technology
- Adjustment of suction pressure possible
R For Rabbit Electric Breast Pump
R for Rabbit First Feed Delight Electric Breast Pump is designed to meet the highest safety standards and make feeding smooth and easy. BPA Free, compact size, & Intelligent Breast Touch Control with LCD display helps adjust the frequency with just the touch of your finger. It is one of the Best Breast Pumps In India as it has an Anti-Back Flow System, operating on 1.5s Bionic Frequency (Time between 2 suctions your baby to express the milk) and 10 levels of massage mode. No more leaning forward, no more hassles, you can carry this light weight Electric Breast Pump whereever you are travelling.
It is relatively more affordable than other brands. Priced at Rs.3996 can be bought here.
Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump
This model is extremely useful for moms who practice pumping extensively. It’s special features help it to have a standing advantage over it’s competitors. They are:
- Provision to set and adjust the vacuum strength to 8 levels and speed to 6 levels.
- Operates on a closed system which prevents inflow of milk into the tube and motor, thereby ensuring easy maintenance and no accumulation of milk
- It has an LCD display (one of a kind) to display the current status of milk deposit
- Built-in bottle holders (2 numbers)
- Works on direct electric supply as well as battery
A boon is reality for the working mothers who would find it extremely useful and practical too. the only disadvantage is that it is very highly priced. Moms, for whom price is not a criteria, this Breast Pump is the solution!!
Philips Avent Electric Breast Pump
A trusted name in the line of baby products, Pigeon brand has always strived to cater to the various needs of mothers. It comes alongwith Avent feeding bottles, soft massage cushions to make the process non-strenuous. It has a slight disadvantage that it creates noise while operation.
Medela Swing Maxi Electric Breast Pump
This works on a two-phase expression technology – stimulation phase and expression phase. The highlights of this product are:
- Highly powerful motor helps in higher absorption of milk. 100% more faster than single Manual pump expression.
- 9 fully adjustable vacuum levels to ensure comfort, freedom and flexibility.
- It is easy to clean and low maintenance.
- BPA free safe materials used
Best Manual Breast Pumps in India
Medela Manual Breast Pump India
One of the best breast manual pumps in India, in terms of technology and design, this product is the winner of Practical Parenting and Pregnancy Award 2009-2010. The most distinguishing feature is it’s two phase expression that mimics natural breastfeeding and triggers letdown reflex. This pump has two handles – one is short and the other one is long.
Medela Manual Breast Pump Review – When we pump the shorter end, the breast pump starts a suction cycle that imitates the feeding pattern of a hungry baby, thereby inducing letdown reflex. After a couple of minutes, the longer handle needs to be pumped resulting in the extraction of milk from the breast. These additional features also combine with the basic features of the above mentioned Manual Breast Pump. Making Medela Harmony Breast Pump a clear winner in the category.
Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump
This brand is synonymous with easy accessibility, ease and comfort. It comes with a highly compatible Philips Avent feeding bottle range. The following features makes it one of the top choices of lactating mothers:
- Soft massage cushion which gives warm feeling
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Compact design, making it portable
Pigeon Manual Breast Pump
This is a perfect choice for lactating mothers for the following reasons:
- One hand system – the ergonomically design handle enables easy handling
- Lightweight, compact and easily portable
- Provision to adjust the suction pressure to suit every mother’s need
- Provision of air cushions which fits to your breast perfectly
- It is accompanied with a 150 ml feeding bottle
- No noise
- It’s components are made up of 100% BPA plastic free materials.
Lansinoh Breast Pump Manual
This brand is highly popular in the USA, is a no nonsense product. A basic version with maximum efficiency it is highly reliable and also high on comfort level. It does not make noise when in use making it convenient to use it anywhere. The package contains two varieties of breast shield from which you can choose the best which suits you. It also facilitates maximum suction and vacuum, and hence among the Best Breast Pumps In India.
Chicco Classic Breast Pump
One of the best in the list of Breast Pumps In India 2018, this product is steadily gaining extreme popularity with the
Indian moms due to the following reasons:
- Very pocket-friendly and affordable
- Ergonomic handle which enables a convenient posture for mommies while extracting milk.
- Its basic features are outbeaten by Medela and Pigeon brand pumps, yet, it enjoys popularity among the women
- Suitable for not for very frequent use, maybe 2 or 3 times in a day
Ratings : 4.5 star (based on 95 customer reviews)
Breast Pump Price:
The Manual Breast Pump Price ranges from Rs. 799-Rs.2800, but there are great deals online through the year on all e-commerce portals(sometimes upto 70% off). The Electric breast pumps are priced between Rs.1500-Rs.9000, but you will get great discounts for the same online (Upto 60% off).
Let us know if you have specific queries. Hope our blogs on The Best Breast Pumps In India Review has been very useful! Happy Parenting!