- 10 Best CBSE Schools In Kolkata
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Fort William
- Birla High School for Boys
- Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidya Mandir
- Indus Valley World School
- Delhi Public School, DPS Ruby Park, Kolkata
- North Point Senior Secondary Boarding School
- Ashok Hall Girls Higher Secondary School
- Apeejay School
- Hariyana Vidya Mandir
- Top 3 Best Boarding/Residential schools In Kolkata
- The Heritage School
- Assembly Of Christ Boarding High School
- Indus Valley World School
- Top 3 Schools for Girls in Kolkata
- Modern High School
- Shri Shikshayatan School
- La Martiniere for Girls
- Top 3 Schools for Boys in Kolkata
- Don Bosco School
- St. Xavier’s Collegiate School
- Top 3 International Schools in Kolkata
- Calcutta International School
- South City International School
- Adamas International School
- Top 3 Best ICSE Schools in Kolkata
- The Assembly of God Church School
- Garden High School
- M.P Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School
10 Best CBSE Schools In Kolkata
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Fort William
- It tends to drive towards excellence in the academic field while laying stress to encourage innovation among the children. Inculcating a feeling of pride as an Indian national in a child is also one of their goals.
- It has grades from I to XII and it is a co-educational English medium day school.
- It encourages various extracurricular activities like quizzes, music, drawings and skits to lay stress on the overall development of the children. It has high end facilities including libraries, laboratories, computer labs and separate halls for arts, music and seminars.
Mahadevi Birla Girls High School
- Apart from the academic field, it encourages the creative potential of the children along with their physical and mental fitness.
- It has grades from UKG to class X and is an English medium day school for girls only.
- It has various options for the children to engage themselves including Yoga, swimming, Karate, skating, gymnastics and many others. The school encourages the complete development of a child and motivates her to pursue her talents.
- The school has a spacious campus and they also have a student exchange program which encourages children to explore and learn beyond the scope of books.
Birla High School for Boys
- The founders of the school were inspired by Swami Vivekananda’s principles and visions and the school aims to guide the students through such principles, to this day.
- It has grades from LKG to grade XII grade and is an English medium school for boys only.
- The school aims in the overall development of its students and promotes multiple extracurricular activities through various clubs like nature club, dance club, chess clubs and others. It also has different sections for juniors and seniors to promote the best upbringing.
- The school also offers multiple laboratories, world class libraries and science clubs along with very experienced teachers.
Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidya Mandir
- The school focuses on developing the knowledge and confidence of its students and lays stress on all round progress.
- The school has grades from class I to XII and is a co-educational day school.
- It has various world class facilities like well ventilated classrooms, separate laboratories for various subjects, libraries, reading rooms and audio visual rooms. It offers various cultural and sports activities to encourage the creativity in students.
Indus Valley World School
Delhi Public School, DPS Ruby Park, Kolkata
- The school aims to help the children flourish in every aspect and encourages them to exercise their creative sides and participate in extra-curricular activities.
- The school has its grades from pre-nursery to class XII and it is a co-educational English medium day school. It has separate buildings and arrangements for junior and senior sections.
- DPS has multiple facilities like indoor games and gymnasium along with music and dance rooms with a Wi-Fi enabled campus. It also has a large playground for the children and also has debates and dramatics for the students to participate in.
North Point Senior Secondary Boarding School
- The school has its grades from pre-nursery to class X and it offers a co-educational English medium environment. It is a day school and also offers residential facilities to the children.
- The school encourages multiple activities beyond academic learning. This includes drama, music, dance, exhibitions, crafts, NCC and multiple sports like swimming, karate etc.
- The school aims to provide quality education at an affordable price and directs its students to grow up as responsible citizens capable of the correct choice in life.
Ashok Hall Girls Higher Secondary School
- The school aims to prepare its students to become successful in their lives by broadening their horizons
- The school has its grades from pre-primary to XII th standard and has separate junior and senior sections for the best grooming of students.
- It has spacious well ventilated classrooms, modern laboratories and good libraries. It has a multipurpose hall and sufficient space for the students to enjoy multiple sports activities. It has well qualified faculties and staff to run the establishment efficiently.
- The motto of the school is “Strength, Vision and wisdom” and it provides an atmosphere so that a student can reach the peak in academic as well as extra-curricular fields.
- The school offers co-educational facilities from nursery to the higher secondary stage..
- The school offers well equipped laboratories, infirmary and canteens to the students. It has various clubs ranging from sports to foreign languages to promote co –curricular activities. In addition it also arranges for students to go for excursions for gaining practical knowledge.
Hariyana Vidya Mandir
- It is a private English medium school and runs two parallel shifts of classes from LKG to XII standards.
- The school strives to make every student an efficient learner while encouraging good practices in fields of health, behaviour, ethical behaviour and responsibility.
- The school has its own playground and gymnasium and facility for athletics while encouraging talent in the fields of art and crafts. It has a very good library with reading room and also medical facilities.
Top 3 Best Boarding/Residential schools In Kolkata
The Heritage School
- The school offers classes for pre-nursery to class XII and follows various boards like ICSE, IGCSE and IBDP - to choose from.
- It has experienced and committed faculty strength of 250 teachers who are dedicated to pursue excellence and also to help and support the children with their “growing up” issues.
- The school promotes various sports and cultural activities and career counselling. There are top class classroom, laboratory, sports and infirmary facilities for the benefit of the students.
Assembly Of Christ Boarding High School
- It offers a co-educational environment from nursery to XII standards under the ICSE board including separate hostel facilities.
- The highly experienced teaching stuff are engaged with the students with three mottos - devotion, diligence and discipline.
- The school has an all time library, basketball courts and swimming pool and CCTV surveillance to maintain discipline. There are also special remedial classes for academically backward children.
Indus Valley World SchoolThis is also one of the best boarding schools in Kolkata and we have already covered it under the top 10 CBSE schools of the city.
Top 3 Schools for Girls in Kolkata
Modern High School
Shri Shikshayatan School
La Martiniere for Girls
- It has classes from nursery to class XII under the ICSE board.
- The children are nurtured with great care to develop a global outlook and retain the local roots.
- It has good facilities including multiple laboratories, audio visual rooms, swimming pools and gymnasium. Beside cultural and social activities, the school also provides environmental awareness among students.
Top 3 Schools for Boys in Kolkata
St. James School
- There are classes from nursery to XII under the ICSE and ISC boards. It has junior, middle and senior sections to impart the best knowledge to its students.
- It has a very large playground with multiple sports facilities. There are also world class laboratories with air conditioned computer labs and a huge library.
Don Bosco School
St. Xavier’s Collegiate School
- The school aims at building a better community through its students and in collaboration with eth teachers and parents as well. It makes special efforts to reach out to the parents as well.
- The school has a separate primary and secondary section in separate buildings. At present the students are divided in four houses and involved in multiple activities beyond studies.
- The students can join various clubs and social service projects. The quiz, drama, leadership and debate clubs are run to help the students to nurture their creativity and to build confidence.
Top 3 International Schools in Kolkata
Calcutta International School
- It offers a flexible system to the students and is a co-educational school offering ‘A’ level of international schooling. It serves to both the local and the expatriate sections of the community.
- The school offers admission facilities to the students throughout the year. It is a member of the Council of International Schools.
- The teachers offer sincere service to guide the students and the school also offers advanced learning programs. It has multiple sports and extracurricular activities along with dining and infirmary facilities.
South City International School
- It stresses on the all round development of the child and creates an environment where the student is ready for constructive work.
- The school follows the Cambridge Educational System for the primary and middle level schools and leads the student to the ICSE and ISC based curriculum at higher levels for a complete development.
- It offers multiple sports facilities, both indoor and outdoor, with world class coaches to develop the student’s talents.
Adamas International School
- This is a co-educational school from pre-primary to higher secondary level. The school is affiliated to multiple programs like the ICSE , ISC and the Cambridge International Primary Program
- It has state of the art classrooms with a huge library and playground. It encourages sports and extra-curricular activities and offers a green campus
- The teachers are highly qualified and the school believes in audio visual mode of teaching.
Top 3 Best ICSE Schools in Kolkata
The Assembly of God Church School
- The school believes in developing the nation by developing its young hearts from all angles.
- This is a co-educational school and it has classes form nursery to class XII standard and is divided into a junior school and a senior school.
- It has multiple sports facilities along with various clubs to encourage creativity among the pupils. These clubs include Dramatics club, Music and Dance clubs, Home science and Cookery club and various others.
Garden High School
- It provides a Co-educational atmosphere for the students ranging from Nursery to class XII.
- It stresses on developing not only knowledge but also wisdom among the students and the teacher to pupil ratio is maintained at 1:20.
- It has various facilities including a spacious and airy class rooms, audio visual rooms, music rooms, libraries and the main building complies with all the safety norms. There is also 80.5 cottas of land marked as playground.
M.P Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School
- It is located in a quiet compound and the greenery is abundant all around. This school is one of the best maintained schools in the city. It has classes from nursery to class XII.
- It lays emphasis to grooming the students in line with the values of Indian civilization. The school appoints mentors for academically weaker students.
- The students are encouraged to get involved in sports, social services and multiple trips and excursions. It has multiple state of the art laboratories, canteen and medical facilities.
Suvajit enjoys write down creative pieces as a content writer and explore different subjects. He is a frequent trekker and traveler into the Himalayas and likes exploring and photographing various tranquil destinations. When he is not writing or watching movies he spends his time with Yoga, fitness and multiple books.