Your family now seems complete with the entry of your new born!! A new born brings along with her an ever increasing responsibility on the part of the parents on the health & hygiene aspect. Apart from a zillion other things to care for – the most challenging part is to handle the extra pile of laundry you have to deal with everyday. From bibs to wash clothes, nappies to dresses, wrappers to comforters, everything has to be spick and span so that you rule out every possibility of an infection/rash to your little one’s sensitive skin with the 5 Best Baby Laundry Detergents in India 2020. Being a first time mom, it is but natural to wonder that what detergent you should opt for. A special baby laundry detergent or the normal detergent which is in use for the rest of the family?
An answer to this is totally at your discretion. Each baby has her own skin types; for sensitive skin types – who already have the tendency to be susceptible to allergies/rashes, it is in the best interest to opt only for special Baby Laundry Detergents until she is five years old. If you do not observe any sensitivities/allergies on her skin, then you might want to continue with a regular laundry detergent itself. This way you would be helping the baby accustom to the normal practices the rest of the family adhere to.
Also read Best Baby Wipes In India
Basically choosing a Laundry Detergent is your personal choice. However, there are a few common important rules you need to adhere to while washing your baby’s clothes. These are discussed below:-
- A new born baby is bound to poop several times. Each nappy should be removed off the poop with a health faucet and then soak the nappies in luke warm water. This helps in removing the stains from nappies to a large extent.
- Check the label to confirm if there are any special instructions to be followed while washing clothes.
- It is always best to dry clothes in direct sunlight; as sunlight acts as a natural disinfectant and also as a natural sterile agent
- Health experts suggest that Machine wash is more preferable than hand wash; as it gives all round thorough cleaning.
- The water temperature has to be set atleast 60 degrees when machine washing
- Stains are quite stubborn; so it is always better to remove the stains with hand wash before putting them for machine wash. After meals, remove the baby bib and dress; and soak it in warm water for a couple of minutes and scrub off the stains.
- Place the socks in a mesh bag and then put it in machine. This ensures that they do not get misplaced.
- It is strictly advisable to first machine wash baby’s clothes; and then the rest of the laundry could be done. This prevents the bacteria from our clothes to be passed on to theirs.
- Fasten velcros and buttons to ensure that other clothes do not get damaged.
- Care should be taken that in case of hand wash, the baby’s clothes should be rinsed multiple times in water to remove off any residues of detergent remaining in the clothes.
- Do not use strong fragrance liquids on the baby’s clothes.
- Always try to opt for chemical-free, natural detergents.
- It is needless to say that different soaps/detergents have different chemical compositions. It is better to adopt trial and error method, and find out for yourself as to which one suits her skin the best.
Also read Best Body Lotions In India
Let us look at the 5 Best Baby Laundry Detergents in India 2020 available in the Indian market. It should be noted that these detergents have comparatively lesser chemicals and are mild on your baby’s skin too.
You Can Purchase These Products from First Cry
LuvLap Laundry Detergent - Best Baby Laundry Detergent In India 2020
LuvLap Laundry Detergent is specially formulated using natural ingredients which make it mild and extremely gentle on your baby's skin. It keeps your garments soft and bright and removes the toughest of stains. Removes the toughest of stains and prevents re-deposition of dirt.
- Mild and gentle on the baby’s skin but tough on dirt and stains
- Chemical free
- No artificial colours
- Aloe essence
- Free from phosphate & fluorescence
Cost - Rs.549 for 1000 ml. Buy LuvLap Laundry detergent here.
Chicco Laundry Detergents
Chicco is one of the 5 Best Baby Laundry Detergents in India 2020. Chicco detergent is specially designed to clean children's clothes. Thanks to it's formula containing aloe vera, it effectively removes stains and odors to leave clothes clean and delicately fragrant. It is dermatologically tested. Can be used both in washing machine and for hand washing.
Cost Rs 350/ For 1000 ml
Also read Best Baby Wash & Soap in India
Rustic Art Little Laundry Detergent
This makes an excellent choice for washing baby’s clothes. The main advantages being it Contains no artificial brighteners, bleach, fillers, enzymes, fabric softner, foam boosters, fragrance, etc.-No Animal Ingredient/ No Animal Testing, therefore making it completely vegan. It is also soft on skin, more or less suitable for all skin types. It is completely handmade and comes in Eco Friendly Packing. Though it is not 100% chemical-free, yet it is definitely free of harsh and synthetic chemicals. The main ingredients include double processed natural neem soap powder, natural lemon extract, neutralized soda ash and slurry. The lemon extract provides a soothing fragrance while neem soap powder acts as a natural anti-bacteria agent.
It is also suitable for both babies and adults clothes alike, and also for people with sensitive skin, eczema or other skin problems.
Cost Rs 273.61/ For 1 Kg
Also read Best Baby Car Seats In India
Mee Mee - Best Mild Baby Laundry Detergent
Mee Mee Mild Baby Detergent is specially formulated to suit the sensitive skin of your baby. It claims to be bio degradable and environment-friendly too. It also possesses anti-bacterial properties; no harmful additives are added to it. You also need to know that Mee Mee Detergent is not totally chemical-free, yet the ingredients are considered to be safe for washing. But care should be taken that this detergent might not be suitable for sensitive skin prone babies.
Cost Rs 345/ For 500 ml
Also read Best Prams Strollers in India
Farlin Clothing Detergent
Farlin’s natural plant extracts help in removing stains of grease and dirt from your baby’s clothes. The main highlights of this product are it is anti bacterial, non-stimulant, non-phosphorus and non-fluorescence, therefore making it a great choice for your baby’s clothes washing. The product also claims to be soft on fabric and does not fade away the original colour of the fabric. It’s unique anti-stink formulation ensures that your baby’s clothes smell good and fragrant.
Cost Rs 515/ For 800 ml
Johnson’s Baby laundry Detergent Active clean
Ingredients- Water, PEG-80 sorbitan laurate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium trideceth sulfate, PED-150 distearate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, glycerin, sodium benzoate, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, polyquaternium-10, ethylhexylglycerin
A pioneer in the category of baby products, Johnson’s Baby laundry detergent is developed under the expert guidance of an able team of dermatologists to ensure that it is totally safe for baby’s skin. It’s special formula of phosphate-free, fluorescence-free, bleach and colorant free makes it a safe choice. It also contains natural ingredients like natural propolis and green tea which help in reducing irritation, redness and swelling too.
Cost Rs 289/ For 500 ml
Pigeon Multi-functional Laundry Detergent
Pigeon Laundry Detergent is made of natural plant based ingredients. It has proved that it is effective in removing stubborn stains and at the same time is also gentle on hands and the skin of the baby. The anti-bacterial properties also make it a much desired option for baby clothes laundry.
Cost Rs 260/ For 500 ml
Kanchan is a doting mom to two angels and is passionate about writing. With over 3 years of experience in the content space, she strives to push boundaries and balance her personal & professional life well.