It is absolutely amazing to see your baby grow. As your little one learns new things, we also learn along. We bring to you amazing facts about your baby you probably did not know. Their capability to relate, recognize & reciprocate is simply superb. From pregnancy to delivery & motherhood, babies are capable of accomplishing some astonishing feats. Go on & read these interesting facts & tell us which one has surprised you the most.
- From conception to birth, a baby’s weight increases about 3,000 million times.
- Children who are exclusively breast fed for more than 3 months have about 30% better cognitive abilities than those who are exclusively formula fed.
- A baby can’t taste salt until it is about 4 months old. This may be related to the development of kidneys, which start processing the sodium around that age.
- Well, this might sound quite strange. Yearning for twins? Binge on yams. A recent research has shown that consumption of yam increases the chances of twins or multiple births considerably.
- New born babies have over 10,000 taste buds; many more than that of adults. Gradually these disappear as they grow up.
- A baby’s eyes at birth are 75% of an adult size, but his/her vision is around 20/400. By six months, a baby’s vision reaches 20/20.
- On birth, babies do not have kneecaps. They have cartilage that resembles the kneecaps which develops fully after 6 months. This sure is one of the amazing facts about your baby, isn't it?
- A baby’s inner ear is the only sense organ to develop fully before birth. It reaches its adult size by the middle of pregnancy. That’s why they say your baby can hear your voice & the surrounding noises.
- An infant at birth has about 300 bones. Adults have only 206. As they grow up, the cartilage fuse together to form bones.
- Parents generally respond to about 50% of their baby’s vocalization. However, your baby's language development could be sped up you respond to them about 80% of the time.
- Babies eat before their mothers do. They derive the nutrients through the umbilical cord and leave mom the rest. So, now you know why you need to eat frequent, healthy meals.
- At about four months into pregnancy, your fetus develops a mustache that, over the a period of 3-5 weeks, spreads over its entire body. This hair is called lanugo and it all falls off before birth (if you're lucky) and is eaten by the baby while in the womb. It gets digested and comes out in it’s first poop called “meconium”.
- Do you know how many births occur in the world every minute? Any guesses? The answer would be 255.Whoa! That’s a big number.
- The largest number of babies born to a woman is 69. A Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets between the year 1725 - 1765.
- Your infant’s grip your little one is so strong that it’s whole body can hang in midair, with it’s fingers supporting the entire body weight.
- The age of fecundity is that age which has the maximum chance of fetus survival. It is when a girl is 22 years; precisely why people say that you should not delay your pregnancy.
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!