Couples expecting sometimes wish to welcome their baby munchkin to a freshly painted and happy environment. It’s obvious to want the absolute best and safest options for your little bundle of happiness. Moreover, painting is a part of home maintenance and is a necessity at least once in 10 years. It’s observed that despite both the reasons stated above, a lot of parents avoid painting and doing likewise things over the fear of harms due to the paint fumes and chemicals. Combat The Impact Of Paint Fumes On Health - Use Anti Bacterial Paint.
Though it’s really important to keep all the health issues and other harmful effects that the process involves in mind, you really don’t need to restrain yourself from adopting a painting project. All you need is to opt for the right choices and be ready to welcome your little one in the nursery you’ve always dreamt of for her/him.
So, apart from choosing anti bacterial paint, How Else To Combat The Impact Of Paint Fumes On Health? Given below are a few ways to make your task easier:
- Make sure you choose the paint that suits the purpose. There are variety of paints available in market made for various purpose. For inside your house, choose indoor paints only. Water paints are a better choice over oil paints.
- If your kids or family is going to be around during the painting, note any warnings, first-aid information, or if protective measures like gloves or goggles are required.
- Ensure that there is enough ventilation in a room that is being painted. Lack of proper ventilation can cause the fumes from the paint to affect your health making it difficult to breathe.
- You can use a low VOC paint like Asian Paints Royale Health Shield, an anti bacterial paint. The Silver Ion Technology that is the USP of this paint makes it an ideal choice for kid’s room as it kills 99%# of infection-causing bacteria on interior painted walls and absorbs formaldehyde which is a common source of indoor air pollution, thereby improving the quality of air. The added advantage is that it has a variety of colors to choose from.
- Schedule your painting project for the dry season. It would save you a lot of hassle too.
- It is best to not allow children, pregnant women, pets or a sick person anywhere close to a recently painted house. A window period of a week after painting gives enough time for off gassing.
- After the painting is done, keep windows and doors open for two to three days to allow the paint fumes to escape out. This is very critical.
- In case of any leftover paint, remember that it’s still emitting VOCs. Store it tightly closed, away from the inhabiting space in your house to prevent the vapors from leaking into your surrounding areas. Make sure it’s far away from your kids reach.
- If you are the one supervising the painting work, make sure you take enough breaks to breathe in some fresh air.
Asian Paints Royale Health Shield makes your walls beautiful and protected. It is capable of neutralizing air pollutants such as Formaldehyde thus improving the indoor air quality. This makes it a safe choice for children, pets and pregnant women.
Salient Features of Asian Paints Royale Health Shield
- First paint in India with Silver Ion Technology, as recommended* by the Indian Medical Association.
- Reduced possibility of respiratory infections and skin. It kills 99%# of the infection causing bacteria on interior walls
- Luxurious finish with great sheen appearance of walls
- Teflon surface protector makes it durable and long lasting and it also protects against the toughest of stains
#Royale Health Shield with Silver Ion technology, within 2 hours of exposure kills 99% bacteria on walls.
*Fomite Infections (bacteria) can spread through infected walls among other indoor surfaces in homes and offices
For complete disclaimer and more information, please visit www.asianpaints.com/healthshield.
I acknowledge the support and contribution of Asian Paints Limited in providing information for this article. The purpose of this article is to explain the scientific principles behind anti-bacterial paints.
All product specific views expressed here are my personal views. Readers should do their own research & consult professionals before purchasing the product. Products may not function as intended if they are not correctly used. Please also refer to product guides provided by companies before purchasing the product as your purchase and use of the product will be governed by them.