Anyone who has used bottles or is using bottles knows how important proper Sterilization is. And if you are that on-the-go type of a mommy you surely know how much of effort and time it takes to ensure that there’s always a hygienic, sterilized bottle ready. Steam sterilizers have become a necessity in today’s times, rather than a luxury. These are the Best Baby Bottle Sterilizers in India- 2018, However the age old practice of sterilizing bottles in boiling water has surely paved way to Baby sterilizers. There are some moms who still vouch for the age old practice; as it is an inexpensive option, but definitely inconvenient too. For the following reasons:
- It is too much of a hassle and time consuming too.
- There are chances of spillage, as you might accidentally touch the hot vessel and hurt yourself.
- If the boiling vessel is not spacious enough, then the bottles might not get uniformly sterilized.
- The extra effort of cleaning the boiling vessel, cleaning brush, pair of tongs and wash cloth could be easily skipped.
There is no second thought to the fact that sterilization is a must. As sterilization kills 99.9% of germs, rest assured your baby is safe from bacteria causing diseases such as fever, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach infections and skin diseases. It also results in loss of appetite, tantrums in babies and food aversions too, at times. And this would be quite scary for any mom to handle, isn’t it? Not to mention about the working moms, who are always on the look out for handy options to deal with daily chores. For them this is definitely a sure investment with regard to the health and safety of their baby.
Finding the right baby bottle sterilizer makes for a daunting task. We bring to you The 8 Best Baby Sterilizers available in the market. This list is based on the customers reviews and feedback, product ratings as well as popularity and ready availability off the shelves and of course, the price factor. There are certain criterion that we took into consideration before we have devised this final list. They are discussed as below:
- Features: Certain important aspects to be considered before making a choice are safety, durability, portability, pocket-friendly, ease of use, and of course the capacity of the Sterilizer. Depending on the usage of the number of bottles, the size of the sterilizer varies. If your baby is breast fed, then you might require 3-4 bottles per day; if your baby is completely on top feed then anywhere between 7-9 bottles could be your requirement. Also bowls, spoons, and plates also need to be disinfected. So capacity, maintenance and safety have also been given importance.
- Price: Pricing has always been as one of the key factors in choosing any baby product. For the simple fact that it is not going to be used for long. The pricing of Baby Bottle Sterilizer ranges between Rs.1000 upto Rs.16000. But we have considered only those models which are in the affordable range of Rs.1000 – Rs.6000.
- Ratings and Reviews: What other way of getting assurance than hearing it from other parents itself? The shopping sites are a great forum for interaction between the mothers – where they get to share and learn about different products available in the market.
Healthy Tips To Be Followed:
- Using bottled/mineral water is always advisable to ensure that scaling does not happen.
- A frequent remark by customers is that “the cord is ridiculously small”. There is a reason behind this; being that long cords can hang down and pose a threat of the equipment itself being toppled down by your baby. So safety purpose is the foremost reason behind this.
- The heating coil of the sterilizer should be periodically cleaned with water and vinegar to prevent scaling and other related issues.
- Do not limit the use of the Sterilizer to a single use; it could also be used for warming and sweltering food.
You may find the below mentioned products from First Cry
Best Baby Bottle Sterilizers in India 2018
Chicco Sterilizer 3 in 1
Why moms love it?
- One of the most trusted and popular brands in the line of baby products as it gives Natural effectiveness
- Turns off automatically
- The space factor is very well taken care of. You can sterilize upto 6 regular neck bottles at a time
- It sterilizes effectively with steam without any chemicals
- Kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria
- It does not have independent compartments, so even if you have to sterilize a single bottle, the whole process has to run fully.
- It provides 24-hour protection against germs – until the time the lid is closed.
- Sterilizing time is minimal – (warming time excluded)
- “It’s a good product and makes your life easier:-)”
- “Product operation is very easy and totally satisfied with the result”
- out of 5 stars based on 46 customer reviews
Philips Avent 3 in 1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Why moms love it?
- It is very spacious. At a time, it can sterilize 6 bottles, breast pump, nipples, bottle lids, teethers and small toys.
- Can be used to sterilize plastic, glass and metal as well.
- Very quick process and convenient too
- 6-minute cycle with automatic shut – off
- Natural, effective steam sterilization kills 99.9% of germs
- Easy to use and maintain
- Ranks highest on the convenience factor
- The bottles remain sterilized for even upto 24 hours, provided the lid remains closed.
- Slightly on the higher price range
Philips Avent 3 in 1 Sterilizer enjoys the highest patronage amongst the mothers across India. The main reason being that it is highly adjustable, where you can sterilize smaller items like soothers, teethers and slightly bigger items like breast pump, spoons, bowls and cups and larger items like feeding bottles altogether or individually too. As there are separate compartments for each purpose. The best part is that once the sterilization process is complete, the machine shuts itself off automatically (takes about 6-8 minutes) and also the coil setting is open, so easy to clean and maintain.
“Good quality, worth the price, easy to use, un-assemble and re-assemble. Can fit multiple size bottles together”
“A very good product. I have been using it for past 1 year and the product meets the “Philips” brand. Nicely designed and effective in functionality. Love this product. Highly recommended for all new parents to sterilize the cookery and Feeding bottles used for the infants.”
“Using for more than a week now, easy to use, its way better and safer than boiling for disinfecting baby bottles, takes very little time compared to traditional methods.”
Ratings- 3.8 out of 5 stars (based on 73 customer reviews)
Price: Rs. 3,249/
Pigeon Compact Steam Sterilizer
Why moms love it?
- It is an extremely slim and compact version of a Bottle Sterilizer
- Ideal for travelling purpose
- Fits 2 wide neck or slim neck bottles
- The compartments could be detatched and attached according to your needs
- Durable and tough design ensures the long life and durability of the product
- Heat resistant safety handle
- Stainless steel heating element
- It needs ample electric supply
- It is not on the economical range
- Works on a single function
- The bottles remain sterile only for 6 hours, that too with the lid on
Carefully designed to suit the travel requirements; as Baby Sterilizer is one indispensable thing. It comes with rotating lock for safety. The whole process of sterilization takes only 12 minutes and it automatically switches itself off after the process is complete.
“It is a nice no-frill product which is very useful for budget customers like me. I am happy with this one. The manual which comes with it has neatly described the functions and even my mother started operating it from day one.”
“This product is a life saver. It is good doesn’t its job well, easy to use and clean. Portable. I took this with me on all my holidays and I have had a lot of holidays in the past 1. 5 years. – By a mother of a 21 months toddler”
“Good product. Does it’s work as expected. Fits all bottles, Philips, Pigeon, MeeMee, etc.”
- out of 5 stars (based on 63 customer reviews)
Price: Rs. 2,099/
Trumom Microwave steam Sterilizer
Why moms love it?
- It is economic when compared to other brands
- It is safe and effective in killing 99.9% of bacteria.
- You could also microwave clean nipples, pacifiers, teethers, small toys and breast pump accessories.
- Possesses the capacity to microwave steam 4 baby bottles and 2 breast pump shields, or 6 bottles at a time.
- Simple, multifunctional and easy to use
- Stress-free maintenance
- It is not suitable for travelling purpose
- It works on electric supply
It Accommodates 6 bottles of all brands. The material is made of 100% BPA free material. You could also electric steam food also.
“This bottle and nipple sterilizer is a life saver. Can sterilize up to six bottles of any size, and six nipples. Can also sterilize the breast pump, along with 3 bottles.”
“The product is very easy to use and maintain. It’s very light (1.5 kg), so can be taken along in flight while traveling.”
“I’m writing this review after using this for more than a month. This is really a good product due to its compsct design and easy to use feature. It’s worth it’s money. I know it might appear little costly. But the materials used is good fiber plastic. There is no risk of electric shock due to water leakage. Easy to clean.”
4.1 out of 5 stars (based on 420 customer reviews)
SToK (BPA Free) ST-ES01 3 in Electric Steam Sterilizer
Why Moms love it?
- It is quite affordable when compared to other leading brands which provide the same facilities
- It is quick and efficient, the whole cycle taking only 8 minutes with automatic turn off
- It can also be used for baby food steamer
- Made of 100% BPA Food grade plastic material
- Kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria
The adjustable size of the sterilizer gives the liberty to sterilize your required bottles and accessories as well, where the maximum capacity to hold is 6 bottles. It is suitable for wide neck and narrow neck bottles too. the 3-in-1 functionality allows you to choose to sterilize small, medium or large size bottles as well.
“9 months complete works very well”
“Very nice affordable and must have poduct if your baby is on bottle feed.”
3.8 out of 5 stars (based on 32 customer reviews)
Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
Why Moms love it?
- Quick and economic
- It has clips for closing the lid
- It comes with a pair of tongs
- Ideal for travelling purpose
- Natural steam sterilization kills 99.9% of germs
- It is made from BPA free materials
- Fits most microwaves
This Sterilizer fits most microwaves and is designed in a compact and efficient manners so as to make it easy to carry along while travelling. Stay cool safety grips allow for safe handling and make it easy to sterilize breast pumps, bottles, cups and more while at home or travelling. It is ideal for sterilizing upto 4 narrow or wide neck bottles at a time. And the sterilization time is mere 2-6 minutes.
“Superb product! please do clean the sterlizer frequetly and be aware of stream. let the sterlizer cool down before you open it.”
“My wife and I have been using it for over 6 months now. It’s a blessing. Just wash your bottles properly with good gel and sterilize with this. Keep the lid closed if not in use. Keep bottles in freezer if you opened it.”
“Does a very good job. It fits most microwaves and I am able to sterilise eight bottles in just four minutes. Its small size enables easy storage too.”
4.6 out of 5 stars based on 88 customer reviews
Price: Rs. 2,768/
R for Rabbit Sterilizer Baby Bottle – Steam Sterilizer
Why moms love it?
- 8 minutes quick sterilization process makes things much easier and convenient
- It is a Multi purpose functional Sterilizer designed to sterilize baby bottles, teethers, toddlers, plates, forks, etc.
- It can also be used for steaming food or eggs too
- It automatically shuts off after the 8 minute sterilization process gets complete
- Any brand of bottles could be fit- upto 6 bottles
The special features of this model is that it has an Auto Shutdown with timer display panel for optimum usage of electricity. And even in case of low water level, it will shut down automatically. Effective steam heating to kill 99.9% germs. Also the heating plate is made of rust-free stainless steel.
“Very Usefull and Safe … Autocut functions very well , Very Spacious in terms of inner space yet Compact in all respect .Purchased after doing a lot of research but fully satisfied in terms of quality as well as price of RS. 2607( including shipping) .”
“A must have for new parents. This is a quality product at a competitive price compared to philips avent and chicco. Quality of material and the working of steriliser is top notch. It is super user friendly and safe. Go for it without hesitation.”
Ratings – 4 out of 5 stars based on 34 customer reviews
Why moms love it?
- visual and acoustic stop signal – No need to stayby it.
- Easy to clean – accommodate busy lifestyle.
- Easy to store – the Medela bottle Warmer fits into the steam sterilizer.
- It does not have independent compartments for smaller and bigger items.
- The sterilization process time is slightly higher which is 10-15 minutes approximately.
Medela’s are great for work, travel and end-of-day cleaning to disinfect breast shields, accessories, breast milk bottles, nipples, pacifiers and more. Steam cleaning is most efficient way to clean your breast pump and accessories (in addition to cleaning): steam cleaning eliminates 99.9% of most common bacteria and germs.
“Very useful item. Have been using it since more than one year with no complaints. Saves you from all the trouble of boiling bottles.”
“It’s very good in quality and a worthful product. Best sterlizer. Easy to wash and easy to operate”
4.5 stars out of t based on 6 customer reviews
Price: Rs 1,295
It may also Interest you to read :