Teething in babies has always been a roller coaster of an experience for both the baby and the mommy. The very sight of the first tooth popping out, brings in so much excitement and it’s a sight to behold. But this process is also accompanied by a few unpleasant co-happenings. Most babies usually experience teething anywhere between 4 months – 7 months; And most of the mothers who exclusively breast feed their babies find it a bit scary; as the babies gums itch and create an uncomfortable feeling. Read more on Best Baby Teethers In India 2018. Thus, the babies always have the tendency to bite/nibble anything they could lay their hands upon, as their gums are irritable. Some babies even face vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or excessive drooling. It is all a passing phase, though.
The process of Teething starts when the baby is in the womb itself. But these teeth remain inside the gums until 4 months of age, that is the minimum time period. Once the teeth starts pushing through the gums, the process becomes very painful. As this is a natural process, interference is not advisable. At the same time, we could help our little one overcome this with ease. How? Well, the answer could be a Teether – which a baby could nibble upon as many times in a day. The only criterion that you have to look out for is the material with which it is made. There are some tips which we would like to share which help you handle teething and sore gums.
- 1 Tips to soothe baby’s sore gum:
- 2 Best Baby Teethers in India 2018
- 3 Fisher Price – Sweet Corn Teether
- 4 NOYMI Food Grade Baby Teether
- 5 Sophie Giraffe Teether
- 6 First Step Space Ship Rattle Teether
- 7 Yummy Berry Toy Teether
- 8 Wooden Teether Rattle Rabbit
- 9 Knobby Q Chewy Tube Teether
- 10 Pigeon Training Teether
- 11 Nuby Teethe-ez – Soft Silicone Teether with bristles
Tips to soothe baby’s sore gum:
- It is generally found that gnawing on chilled apple, cucumber or carrot provides relief to the irritable gums. Other option could also be unsweetened rusk or breadsticks. These foods should be given to babies only after 6 months of age, and it is a better option to put the fruit/vegetable inside a chilled fruit nibbler to avoid choking hazard.
- Rubbing cold spoon on the gums is also proven to provide relief.
- Liquid filled teething rings should be avoided, as there are chances of leakage. And to s