Teething in babies has always been a roller coaster of an experience for both the baby and the mommy. The very sight of the first tooth popping out, brings in so much excitement and it’s a sight to behold. But this process is also accompanied by a few unpleasant co-happenings. Most babies usually experience teething anywhere between 4 months – 7 months; And most of the mothers who exclusively breast feed their babies find it a bit scary; as the babies gums itch and create an uncomfortable feeling. Read more on Best Baby Teethers In India 2018. Thus, the babies always have the tendency to bite/nibble anything they could lay their hands upon, as their gums are irritable. Some babies even face vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or excessive drooling. It is all a passing phase, though.
The process of Teething starts when the baby is in the womb itself. But these teeth remain inside the gums until 4 months of age, that is the minimum time period. Once the teeth starts pushing through the gums, the process becomes very painful. As this is a natural process, interference is not advisable. At the same time, we could help our little one overcome this with ease. How? Well, the answer could be a Teether – which a baby could nibble upon as many times in a day. The only criterion that you have to look out for is the material with which it is made. There are some tips which we would like to share which help you handle teething and sore gums.
- 1 Tips to soothe baby’s sore gum:
- 2 Best Baby Teethers in India 2018
- 3 Fisher Price – Sweet Corn Teether
- 4 NOYMI Food Grade Baby Teether
- 5 Sophie Giraffe Teether
- 6 First Step Space Ship Rattle Teether
- 7 Yummy Berry Toy Teether
- 8 Wooden Teether Rattle Rabbit
- 9 Knobby Q Chewy Tube Teether
- 10 Pigeon Training Teether
- 11 Nuby Teethe-ez – Soft Silicone Teether with bristles
Tips to soothe baby’s sore gum:
- It is generally found that gnawing on chilled apple, cucumber or carrot provides relief to the irritable gums. Other option could also be unsweetened rusk or breadsticks. These foods should be given to babies only after 6 months of age, and it is a better option to put the fruit/vegetable inside a chilled fruit nibbler to avoid choking hazard.
- Rubbing cold spoon on the gums is also proven to provide relief.
- Liquid filled teething rings should be avoided, as there are chances of leakage. And to soothe sore gums it is always advisable to chill teether before giving it to the baby.
- A chilled wash cloth, or a gauze cloth could also be used to soothe the baby’s sore gums. However, refrigeration could not be advisable as that makes the teether very hard to nibble.
- Applying gentle pressure on the baby’s gums also provides relief; rubbing in a circular direction is equally beneficial and could be done at your convenience too.
- Teething tablets – Homeopathy medicine recommends teething tablets for soothing irritable gums. Though many people vouch for these, but still it is not 100 % guaranteed that it is totally safe. So it is strongly recommended that you consult your pediatrician before giving these tablets.
Best Baby Teethers in India 2018
Fisher Price – Sweet Corn Teether
Give your little ones something new and fresh to chew on. This sweet corn teether has a soft silicone centre for teething with husks and crinkle inside that are fun to touch. This baby teether is easy to clean with husks removed. With easy grip handle that are designed for new born hands.
Pricing: Rs.200/- available on Amazon.in ; prices subject to the availing offers
NOYMI Food Grade Baby Teether
This teether is quite popular as it is made of 100% food-grade silicone, free of BPA, lead, petroleum making it 100% safe for your baby. It is also a stimulating sensory toy for toddlers. And talking about the convenience point of view, then it is light weight and easy to grip handle making it an easy to hold for your baby.
Sophie Giraffe Teether
Still the same even after 5 years of design. Designed to stimulate senses and soothe the teething pain. Loved by millions of children and parents around the world. Made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of hevea tree. It is light weight with soft surface which allows your baby soft chewing.
First Step Space Ship Rattle Teether
This teether is designed with bright and fun colors. This product is made of durable and sturdy materials and has undergone various test to ensure it is safe and of high quality for babies. This teether is a BPA free product.
Yummy Berry Toy Teether
This teether is very appropriately sized to ensure that it just fits right into the baby’s tiny little hands. And moreover you could also clip it onto his clothes, so things turn much easier for both – the baby as well as the mommy. The color of the berry is surely doubly attractive – and will keep the baby engaged and satisfied too.
Wooden Teether Rattle Rabbit
If you are looking out for an eco-friendly option for your baby’s teether, then Wooden Teether Rattle Rabbit could make for a good choice. It is handmade, purely free from chemicals as it made out of pure Jamun wood and silk wood. It is very easy to maintain too. Placing the toy in boiling hot water for 10-15 seconds will make it totally bacteria-free.
Knobby Q Chewy Tube Teether
This teether is strongly recommended by Speech Pathologists for healthy mouth development. These are non-toxic, lead-free and free of other harmful chemicals as well. Being a product of USA, it has conformed to the safety standards. The texture of this teether is such that it promotes practicing biting and chewing skills. The manufacturers claim that it is an innovative oral motor device designed to provide a resilient. All these advantages make it a must buy for your tiny tot, and it is recommended for babies 4-24 months of age.
Pigeon Training Teether
These training teethers are designed to promote biting and chewing skills in babies, and in the process natural jaw development also takes place. The colorful vibrant combinations are a visual stimulation for the kids; making them engaging and fun to play with too. These teethers are suitable for babies from 4 months upwards.
Nuby Teethe-ez – Soft Silicone Teether with bristles
An added feature to this variety of Teether is that it has soft silicone bristles that gently massages your baby’s sore gums and providing her relief from the sore gums and teething complications. With an easy grip to handle, it is suitable for babies from 4 months upwards. The teether comes with a casing to ensure hygiene too. Being on a slightly higher pricing slab, it might be a factor to be considered. The reason being that almost 50% of the price includes import duty.
It may also interest you to read –