Schools lay a foundation to what can be a student’s tomorrow. It’s in a school that a student receives her knowledge, wisdom beyond textbooks and forges bonds of friendship for life. A school plays a major role in shaping a child’s personality and bringing out the best in them. Choosing the right school is a far more daunting task than is made out to be. Read about the Best Schools In Bangalore CBSE.
Every school has its own philosophies, principles and methodology for imparting education and working towards the all- round development of its students. Parents often have their own set of criteria regarding their choice of schools and what they look at imparting to their wards. If you are looking at a choice of schools for your ward in Bangalore then till article is for you. Read on as we list the best schools under the various boards/segments in Bangalore, and in the process help you choose a school that’s just right for your ward.
Best IB schools in Bangalore
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is an international educational foundation. It offers four programs namely the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) for children aged 3 to 12, the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) for students aged 11 to 16, the IB Career-related Program for students aged 16-19 and the IB Diploma Program (DP). Given below are list of best IB schools in Bangalore (in no particular order):
Stone Hill International School
Address: No.259/333/334/335, Tarahunise Post, Jala Hobli, Bangalore
Contact: +91 8043418300
- The School was founded in 2005 and its learning community is dedicated to developing caring, confident and responsible global citizens. The School is co-educational, secular and non-selective and provides day and boarding, flexi boarding and weekly boarding options and is a member of the Australian Boarding Schools Association (ABSA).
- The campus is spread over an area of 34 acres, and includes several facilities such as swimming pools, gymnasium, art studios, science labs, boarding houses, libraries, cafeteria, sports fields and facilities and attracts students of different nationalities.
- The School provides PYP, MYP & DP Programs. Also they are fully credited by the Council Of International Schools and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges
The Bangalore International School
Address: Geddalahalli Hennur Bagalur Road, Kothanur Post, Bangalore
Contact: 080 28465060
- At the School global education is seamlessly integrated with positive social values and creative freedom thus imparting every student with the necessary life skills. The School imparts values that work towards making students responsible citizens as they grow. They endeavor to take learning beyond textbooks and integrate it to the world at large and thus attract students from different nationalities.
- Established in 1969, the School is amongst the oldest International Schools in Bangalore and boasts of facilities such as science and home economic labs, fine art studios, sporting facilities, dance and art studios etc.
- They follow the IB and CIE curricula and have adapted the Round Square Teaching Approach.
Greenwood High International School
Address: No.8-14, Chikkawadayarapura, Near Heggondahalli, Gunjur Post, Varthur Sarjapur Road, Bangalore
Contact: +91 8022010500
- The School is ranked as the No.3 Best School in India, No.1 in Karnataka and No.1 best IB school in Bangalore and this is because the school has always struck a fine balance between academic and extra- curricular activities.
- They are the only School in Bangalore to have bagged seven National awards and they also have pre-schools in different locations in the city.
- The School offers rich facilities in fields such as sports, science labs, medical care, in-house meals prepared under the guidance of nutritionists and experienced chefs, separate hostels for boys and girls, web enabled campus and library of international standards.
- They offer ICSE, IB and IGCSE curricula’s and is a day cum residential school.
Oakridge International School
Address: Varthur Raod, Near Dommasandra Circle, Sarjapur Hobli, Bangalore
Contact: 080 22543600
- The School boasts of age appropriate curriculum and co-scholastics to help in the holistic growth of its students, thereby catering to the all- round development of students and imparting valuable life skills too.
- It has a campus spread across an area of 11 acres complete with state-of the art facilities and infrastructure that caters to the need of every student on campus and imparts education under the IB and CBSE streams.
Trio World Academy
Address: 3/5, Kodigehalli Main Road, Defence Layout, Sahakar Nagar, Sanjeevini Nagar, Bangalore
Contact: + 91 8040611222
- The School aims at aims at providing a truly world class education by focusing on the cultural, intellectual and social development of their students. They offer both day and boarding facilities and was set up in 2007.
- The School offers IB, Cambridge IGCSE & ICSE curriculum that aim at providing an international educational experience.
- The Schools infrastructure boasts of library, science labs, indoor gaming room and sports facilities, cafeteria, infirmary, community service, gardening and home science etc.
Candor International School
Address: Begur-Koppa Road, Hullahalli, Off. Bannerghatta Road, Near Electronic City, Bangalore
Contact: + 91 7760399993
- The School set up in 2010 imparts education under the IB and IGCSE streams and is a day/boarding School that has students from 19 nationalities.
- The School is spread across an area of 30 acres and boasts of a beautiful campus with facilities such as wi-fi, hi tech sports arenas, dance, music, robotics, physical education etc.
Canadian International School
Address: 4 & 20, Manchenahalli, Yelahnkha, Bangalore
Contact: +91 80 6759 4444
- The School was founded in 1996 and it imparts education to prepare students to face the ever changing global community by developing life-long skills, providing a world class international education and nurturing each students inner potential.
- The School lays emphasis on the use of technology and works at making students technically sound and innovative being the 1st 1:1 ipad School in South India and it is also the 1st School in India to operate 100 % on solar power and is also the 1st Apple Distinguished School in India.
- The School has students from over 40 nationalities and has foreign-trained and experienced teachers
Sarala Birla Academy
Address: Bannerghatta, Jigni Road, Bangalore
- The School was established in 2004 and is all-boys residential school offering ISC, ICSE, IB and IGCSE Curricula. They are also a member of the Round Square Association of Schools
- The School boasts of a very vast campus spread across 64 acres and has top class infrastructure facilities such as library, well- spaced classrooms, gyms, science labs, sports areas, medical facilities, student counselling etc.
Best CBSE Schools in Bangalore
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of the most preferred Boards of school education pan India. There are schools affiliated to this Board not just in India but globally too. It’s looked upon as a preferred Board for kids who wish to appear on competitive exams for their higher studies. Listed below are some of the best CBSE schools in the city of Bangalore:
Address: National Games Village Complex, 80 Feet Road, Koramangala, Bangalore
Contact: 080 5705171
The School founded by Gopal Krishna, a veteran educationist himself, is amongst the best CBSE schools in Bangalore. The School strives at unlocking each child’s hidden potential and helps them achieve the highest merit in whatever they do.
- This is a Co-education school that focusses on academics and co-curricular activities.
- The school facilities include spacious classrooms with bulletin boards, library, science and computer labs etc.
- The School is known to produce IITians and IIMians from amongst its students
HAL Public School
Address: Suranjandass Road, Opp. HAL Staff College, Vimana Pura, Bangalore
The School is ranked as one of the top ten CBSE schools in Bangalore. The School’s building and campus are its striking features and very alluring to parents.
- The School building safely nestled around trees provides the best learning environment to students. The School motivates children in all academic and non-academic activities
- The School Building is divided into blocks that house the library, labs, art room, music room, dance room, playground etc.
Sri Kumaran Children’s Home
Address: No.28/4, House List No.140, Doddakallasandra, Kanakpura Road, Uttarahalli, Bangalore
Contact: 080 6643077
The School was founded by Anusuya Devi in 1959, and it has a very calm and serene ambience that promotes learning and growth of students.
- The School offers both the CBSE & ICSE streams and is often known as a school with a difference.
- The School follows three languages formula and provides co-curricular activities such as pottery, swimming, drawing etc. and has a pool of highly educated and talented teachers.
JSS Public School
Address: No. 31, 5th Main, 22nd Cross, Banashankari, II Stage, Bangalore
Contact: 080 22970131
The School looks at imparting traditional Indian values to its students and brings them up as socially responsible adults.
- The School is self-funded and provides co-educational learning environment that’s not just limited to academics but extends to sports, drama, art etc.
- Health Education is an integral part of the school curriculum and students are also encouraged to be part of CMCA and Rotary Clubs.
Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya
Address: Yelachenahalli, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore
Contact: 080 6340037
Email: [email protected]
The School has been functional since 1989 and is run by the Jyoty Charitable Trust under the guidance of Dr. B.N.V. Subrahmanya, who is a well- known educationist himself.
- The School facilities include indoor pool, cafeteria, AV rooms, labs and resource rooms, art rooms, facilities for dance, drama and sports.
- The School follows the CCE methodology and believes in adapting to the latest technology thereby imparting quality education.
National Hill View Public School
Address: Ideal Home Township, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore
Contact: 080 8602487
The School is located distinctly atop a hillock and has an all-important accreditation from the Government of Karnataka.
- The school teaches languages such as hindi, kannada and sanskrit and gives equal importance to both academic and co-curricular activities.
- The School has state-of-the art facilities in all spheres and ensures that it is technologically up-to-date in all spheres of teachings
- The School library has a special multimedia center corner for all browsing activities by students.
Sri Aurobindo Memorial School
Address: 13-A, Main Road, 22nd Cross, Banashankari, Bangalore
Contact: 080 6716666
The School is run by Mr.Rajarshi and was founded many decades ago. It is affiliated to the CBSE board and has students in classes from 1 to 10.
- The School lays a lot of emphasis on academic excellence and follows a well-tailored methodology for imparting education
- The School is spread across 3 acres and in addition to the school buildings for primary, middle and high school has meditation hall too.
Best ICSE schools in Bangalore
The ICSE methodology of teaching is well planned, comprehensive and well- structured and is very practical in its approach towards education and overall student development. There is often a conflict of choice between CBSE and ICSE schools in India amongst parents. Given below is a list of the best ICSE schools in Bangalore:
Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul International School
Address: Mysore Road, Kumbalgodu Post, Bangalore
Contact: 080 32985000
The School is one of the most popular schools in Bangalore. The School offers high quality education complete with ethics and morals and co-curricular activities for children. Their classrooms boast of digital boards and other facilities that are technologically up to date.
Frank Anthony Public School
Address: #13, Cambridge Road, Ulsoor, Lakshmamma Layout, Jogupalya, Bangalore
Contact: 080 25570970
The very student centric School dates back to the year 1967. They believe in letting every student grow naturally and become what they are capable of becoming. To achieve this goal the School relies on its infrastructure, staff and a fair admission process. This is amongst the oldest ICSE affiliated school in Bangalore.
Ebenezer International School
Address: Singena Agrahara Road, Via Huskur Road, Electronic City, Bangalore
Contact: +91 9663305740
If rankings speak then a No.2 rank awarded to the School by the Education World School Rankings will speak volumes about the institution. The school is well known to provide an ambience that aids holistic learning and makes school a fun and adventurous place to be. They provide top class quality education to their students.
Bishop Cotton Girls’ School
Address: St.Marks’ Road, Bangalore
Contact: 080 22210268
The School’s name needs no introduction. Having been around for three centuries Bishop Cottons is synonyms to Bangalore and its history itself. This is a girl’s only school that has stood the test of time and still relevant and competent to the girl students of Bangalore and their parents. What sets the school apart from its peers is its quality of education, technological superiority, passionate staff and a modest fee structure. The school imparts both education and morals with values to its students.
Baldwin Boys’ High School
Address: 14, Hosur Road, Richmond Town, Bangalore
Contact: 080 2221 1981
The Christian English medium School run by the Methodist Church needs no introduction to the city of Bangalore and to parents of boys who are looking at quality convent education and also a school that can impart morals and values in their ward. The teacher student ratio is restricted to 1:25 making it an ideal School that focusses on the child and his development. The School puts students through an entrance and admits them only on merit.
Best Boarding/Residential Schools in Bangalore
The State of Karnataka has been a seat of education for long. And statistics only affirm this statement. Each year the State attracts close to 2 lakh students from across India to pursue their education in the State. Bangalore is a city that boasts of university, deemed universities, colleges across streams and hundreds of schools offering the highest quality education. A huge percentage of the population in Bangalore is made up of migrants from not just India but around the world too.
Given below is a list of the best residential/boarding schools in Bangalore:
The International School, Bangalore
Candor International School
Swaminarayan Gurukul International School
Bangalore International School
Ebenzer International School
BGS International School
Bishop Cotton Boys School
Jain International Residential School
Choosing a right school for your ward can indeed be an overwhelming process. This write up may help in making that choice a little easier. Parents need to first get their priorities and expectations from the educational institution before proceeding to finalizing any School.