“All the FLOWERS of tomorrow are in the SEEDS of today! These SEEDS instill the power of imagination, the joy of discovering & the importance of learning.” – Read the invitation I received last week. Sounds fancy but very thoughtful, I said to myself. The invitation was for the launch of Koco Kids - Best Playschool / Preschool in SantaCruz, Mumbai.
As a parent I was delighted to check-out the latest pre-school in the neighborhood & hoping to have a wonderful day at Koco Kids with my little one. Afterall, the most important phase of your life is not your board exams but the elementary stage of your life spanning 0-5years. Because about 90% of the brain develops before the age of 5. So, I decided to take my little one to Koco Kids.
Read on the other Best Preschools/Playschools in Mumbai
A pre-school should be focused on providing a loving and enriching atmosphere to help your children achieve their maximum potential. It is important to allow each child to be his or her unique self and to respect that they grow at their own pace. One must allow the body and mind to grow as nature intended. The ethos should embrace the outdoors to stimulate the senses & creativity in children.
As a parent we have many priorities in our check list in an order that varies for every parent depending on the socio-economic & education background. Most of them include -
*Safe & Non-toxic environment
*Cleanliness & Hygiene
*Security & CCTV
*Timings & Flexibility
*Proximity from home
*Quality learning & accredations
*Standard of Education
*Teacher to student ratio
*Activities & Events held at the premises
Our experience at Koco Kids - Best Playschool / Preschool in SantaCruz, Mumbai
Our experience at Koco Kids was like a “Baby’s Day Out”. Combined massive indoor & outdoor play area along with colourful & premium furnishings was like a little paradise for my daughter where she could climb, jump swing and run under one roof. With so many activities and amenities, making new friends, she wouldn’t cease to play around & laugh! The unmatched delight on her face was over-whelming!
Koco Kids offers non-stop OUTDOOR entertainment by offering an array of interesting things to channelize your child’s energy. And my hyper-active child has imprudent vivacity to bask every bit of the activity that was on her plate.
- A sand table, a water table, a tree house, a gardening pit, swings & kinetic sand – you name it & you have it.
- Playing outdoors allows natural progression and inculcates a sense of discovery and curiosity. What my daughter enjoyed the best was the hammock – after exploring every bit of the space, she was exhausted, finally. She peacefully relaxed on the hammock & listened to the birds chirping in the unhurried atmosphere. Wish our life was as relaxed as our kids!
- The INDOOR play area was equally enriching and interesting. It is filled with elements for physical development and fun like the trampoline, ball pool and a zip line.
- Considering the safety of kids, all edges are rounded and sharp surfaces are foam padded and doors have child-locks to maintain safety.
What I thought was the most unique feature of this playschool was that they were very organized. The interiors of all the 5 classrooms had been aesthetically designed to encourage dynamic behavior of kids & to focus on their psychology.
- The 1st was called “TOYLAND” – where they had all the Montessori apparatus & toys which help develop fine motor skills.
- The 2nd was called “RAINBOW” – that focusses on the ‘see’ skill like art, craft & reading.
- The 3rd was the “LA LA LAND” – the obvious guess is music, singing, dance & drama to enhance creativity & physical activity.
- The 4th was the “GYM” – Yes! Children need a gym to boost physical fitness & hone large motor skills to fight the unhealthy food & habits of modern day lifestyle.
- The 5th one called “THE ENCHANTED WOODS” – that is a beautiful outdoor haven surrounded by lush green trees to weave a million imaginary stories. While my daughter was having a great time, I hopped into the cafeteria to grab a cup of coffee & small bite.
While I loved watching my daughter enjoy with her new friends, I also made a few of my own. During my conversation with one of the support staff, I learnt that, Shri Balaji International School Trust (SBIS) (ICSE), Malad has established this preschool after excelling 15years in the education sector. It is headed by a veteran educator, an expert in child psychology, with 40 years of experience with some of the most prestigious schools in the industry. The trust has upheld its long-standing principle of strengthening and encouraging childhood development on an emotional, intellectual, social and physical level.
It is laid with the objective of giving their free minds a pathway to ensure their progressive personal development. They strive to carve a niche by employing traditional as well as modern-day methodologies which are designed to offer pristine value to the holistic development.
Just as one could expect, time flew! But, my little angel had no intentions to leave her new found love. Typically, that’s what kids do when they are taken to Fun City/Play Area or any kids centric activity centre that keeps them entertained. They always want more. We had a fantastic time. After all, we are happy when our children are happy. Isn’t it? :)
The admissions are open for June 2017 batch. If you would like to visit Koco Kids here are the contact details below -
Address: 101, Swati Building, North Avenue Road, Behind Kotak Mahindra Bank, Santacruz(W)
Landmark: Powerhouse Gym Building
Contact Number – 096196 72020
Email Id – email@example.com
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!