There has been a “Celebrity Baby Bloom” in 2017, if we can call it. Star studded Baby Showers, the Gorgeous Maternity Shoots, the expensive gifts galore for the mommy-to-be & all things cute & colourful has been a grandeur off-late. From Shahid
’s daughter Misha, to Kareena
’s son Taimur, to Beyonce
’s twins – Rumi & Sir Carter to Mark Zuckerberg
’s daughter Max and Karan Johar
’s Roohi & Yash – all of them have grabbed limelight & their first baby photos have gone viral on Social Media & WhatsApp.
While every parent, and in particular a celeb parent leaves no stone unturned to buy their kids the best of all & pamper them with all the love & comfort, these eminent personalities are lead the way.
So, What Do Facebook Co-Founder Mark Zuckerberg & Kareena Kapoor Have In Common For Their Little Munchkins?
WELL, THIS IS A FIRST & WE BET YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BEFORE.
If you see the above images, these are personalized premium bedding & nursery sets for ‘MAX’ – Mark Zuckerberg’s daughter & ‘TAIMUR’ – Kareena Kapoor Khan’s son. What you are seeing is intricately hand-appliqued and embroidered quilts that were designed & personalized for these celebrities who take great care to choose what goes into the food, lifestyle, education & most importantly safety of the child.
These were bought from Little West Street
– a 100% premium cotton bedding & accessories brand which is passionate about alluring designs & heirloom quality fabrics & finish. Meet Samridhi Ganeriwala
who is the brain-child behind Little West Street. When Samridhi stepped into motherhood, as any other mommy, was scouting for good quality cotton bedding sets for her infant. Gauging the demand for premium & luxurious cotton in India, she decided to step down from her consulting role & conceptualized Little West Street which now offers fabulous and importantly practical products that you would need as a young parent every day. They have an array of products that include bedding sets, nursery collections, hooded towels, diaper cover, pillows, flat sheets, quilts, bibs, swaddles cloths and many more.
What did I pick for my little one?
African Summer dohar
The African summer dohar takes your little one on an expedition to the Sahara Desert. Beautiful hues of yellow & orange with printed lions, elephants & giraffes, this dohar is just perfect for your young turk eager to learn & explore. What I also like about this dohar is that you can insert a plush & convert it into a duvet during winters. 100% cotton – hand or machine wash at any temperature.
Priced at Rs.2999, you can buy this here
What I love the most:
1) Quality 9/10
– That’s obviously the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind who has used the products. Many bedding sets available in the market are not 100% premium cotton. One wants more than just polka dots, pink hearts & teddy bears. Barely matched quality with free shipping all over India is a no brainer to try Little West Street.
2) Unique Themes 9.5/10
– There is no dearth of themes at Little West Street. I picked Jungle Safari. You can choose from various impeccable designs that include – Vroooom, Royalty, Scoops & Smiles, Above & Beyond, Circus, Sail Away and Mermaid. Designs for boys & girls, small & big. Great detailing, soothing colours & perfect finish. So, what’s your pick? J
3) “Thank You” card 10/10
– Small gestures can make a big difference. Fabulous packaging – clean & classy. Something that can’t go unnoticed & forgotten.
What could have been better
- Cost 7.5/10 – This brand caters predominantly to the affluent segment. With quilts starting at Rs.4500, many middle income families cannot afford it. But, that’s not the target segment anyway. Probably because there are enough options in the more affordable sector. Samridhi’s team targets doting parents & their kith & kin who have an indulgence streak.
- Ease Of Washing 8/10 – You should take care to either gentle hand or machine wash at warm or cold temperature the quilts to ensure it retains it’s best colour, texture & finish.
Well, as a new mommy you have several things to worry about. From dirty nappies, colicky babies to sterilization of feeding bottles. All these are unfortunately inevitable. What is possibly avoidable is comfort for your baby – hygiene & a good sleep. So go ahead & cuddle your baby & catch up on a much deserved & much desired good night’s sleep :) And if you just can't resist checking out their fabulous stuff you can hop onto Little West Street
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!