- Safety – Children are surrounded by all things fancy such as the iPhone, iPad, YouTube and Xbox! With our lifestyle sailing towards a digital world, the least we expect is that technology does not harm our child. Let’s put a BIG tick against “Safety” since MySpottr is RoHS & CE certified at par with global standards, updating your child’s location every 3-4 minutes keeping radiation in control.
- Simple & Super sturdy – It’s a black device, the size of a match box! It has a single “SoS” button, with an in-built Sim card & speaker. During your child’s “Panic Mode”, it isn’t practical to expect your child to remember your mobile number and call for help.
- Device Features – Kids will be kids so thankfully MySpottr is water resistant! The device has a clean structure & design and is resistant to damage from kids’ rough handling. You can mark your child’s “SAFE ZONES” like school, tuition classes, cricket/dance class to track your child’s movement. If your child deviates from the stamped ‘SafeZone’ you will immediately get a notification & you can call your child to check if he/she is safe.
- Battery & Location Accuracy – The battery lasts for 50 hours (and upto a massive 120 hours if your child’s movement is less active) and can be easily recharged quickly. The device is fairly accurate even in low connectivity areas - it’s smart and guesses your location; especially around the SafeZones you've created
- Circle Of Trust – When your child presses the “SOS” button, it’s not necessary that you may always be available to receive the call, given all parents have more on their plate than they can handle. You may be packing lunch for your husband or just taking a short nap after working relentlessly from 6am to 3pm. So what happens if you miss the call when your child needs you the most? Here comes the “Circle Of Trust” – MySpottr is the only “calling service” in India where you can download the App (available in iOS & Android) & feed the numbers of your “1st point of contact” (and so on) in the order of your choice. To cite an example my order is –
Mother (Me) → Father → Grand-Father → >Grand-MotherHence, if the “SoS” button is pressed, the first call goes to the “Mother”, if that goes unattended, then it goes to the “Father” and so on, until the call is answered. Hence, do not fret, the call is automatically forwarded to the assigned numbers and the MySpottr service keeps calling UNTIL someone picks up the child's SoS call!
- If the device had come with a clip that can be attached to the pocket or bag to ensure it doesn’t drop off, considering, children are playful, will help minimize the chances of losing the device. However, the MySpottr team is committed to shipping out the next batch of devices with clips.
- While the Indian strata sees most families with two kids, it would have been fantastic to have a facility of opting for two devices at a discounted rate, to ensure both your children are safe. The team has taken this suggestion seriously and I hope to see this being implemented soon :)
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!