As we welcome the monsoons soon, greet your dear friends – mosquitoes, bugs & insects! Yes, those dreadful bites on your child’s delicate skin, the red rashes that will stay for 2-3 days render a dengue or malaria scare. Scared already? Fret not. We are here to tell you the benefits of Camphor As Mosquito Repellent - How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes.
Camphor meaning in Hindi – Kapur. Camphor in Tamil – Karpuram. It is a waxy, white or transparent substance extracted by distilling the bark and wood of the Camphor Laurel tree found in Asia widely used in Aromatherapy.
Camphor Uses & Health Benefits
- Topical administration (rubbed on skin) or inhaled relieves nasal congestion and cough when rubbed on the chest as camphor oil (FDA approved camphor concentration should be <11%).
- Camphor with Neem Oil is a NATURAL MOSQUITO REPELLENT with immediate effect without any side effects and very cost effective.
- Treatment of minor burns.
- Camphor is also used in some anti-itch ointments, creams and cooling gels because it is can be absorbed through skin and is effective at treating pain locally.
- It is used topically to increase blood flow – an anti-irritant helping in reduction of pain and swelling by caused by constant irritation.
- It has an analgesic effect which makes it a favorite oil to be used in pain relieving massage blends for sore muscles and arthritic pain. (FDA approved camphor concentration should be between 3-11%)
- Camphor is known to improve the quality of air making it better for our lungs and heart.
- Glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate in camphor reduce the severity of symptoms of osteoarthritis by 50%.
- It aids in treating fungal infections of the hemorrhoids, toenails, warts & sores.
- Oral administration can help in normalizing low blood pressure after strenuous physical activity or after instantly getting-up from seated position. However, oral administration is not advised by many doctors as it can lead to adverse side-effects if not consumed as per guidelines.
Use Of Camphor: Mosquito Repellent
Mosquitoes hunt for blood using many senses, one of these is their heightened sense of smell. With this, they can smell the carbon dioxide and chemicals that our bodies produce regularly. Camphor smell counters this exactly like how citronella and eucalyptus affects bugs. The smell of camphor overwhelms mosquitoes with their own odor and confuses them, and thus repels them from the room.
Placing camphor tablets on the corners of the room can alleviate mosquito attacks because the waxy substance evaporates on its own, filling the room with its aroma thereby making camphor as a mosquito repellent.
CamPure Camphor Cone
What is CamPure? The house of Mangalam Organics has introduced a series of child-friendly, Organic Mosquito Repellent India products created from ancient knowledge for a modern lifestyle - Camphor Cone, Camphor Stick and Air Purifier to get rid of the mosquitos leaving a beautiful fragrance purifying the air.
Unlike conventional products which are either render good fragrance or act as a repellent, CamPure Camphor Cone does both: It provides a REFRESHING FRAGRANCE, REPELS MOSQUITOES & even PRESERVES CLOTHES. It does not entail any fillers, additives or bases.
Hang the camphor cone in your home or office & it will last for 45 days keeping the environment fresh and healthy. It has a shelf life of 5 years when unopened.
No Dangerous Chemicals - Safe Around Children
CamPure Camphor Cone is made from an extract of the pine tree and is therefore a NATURAL and ORGANIC product. There is no harmful toxic chemicals such as DEET, PDCB, Napthalene or any other petrochemicals which are potentially cancer causing (carcinogenic), hence very safe for kids.
Camphor As Mosquito Repellent - How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes?
Naturally sourced camphor is a much better alternative to chemical repellents. You can also use Camphor with Neem Oil to repel mosquitoes.
CamPure Camphor Cone
- Place by your bedside, hang in your closet, restroom, car or at office.
- Enjoy its refreshing fragrance as it repels mosquitoes and even preserves your clothes. Lasts 45 days.
- Great to hang in your kitchen cabinet to keep away roaches and rodents.
- One in your shoe rack to replace that awful smell with a cool-mystic fragrance. Lasts 60 days.
Where To Buy CamPure Camphor?
- You can purchase all CamPure products at CamPure, leading modern & general trade stores, e-commerce websites such as amazon.in
Tell us which ones you liked the best :)
You May Also Be Interested In:
Top 10 Things To Bring Fun Home This Children’s Day
Best Formula Foods For Kids In India
Best Fancy Dress Ideas For Kids
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!