A country’s success is largely measured by the Education policy it has devised for it’s young minds. It is apt to quote Dr. Rajiv Chandran, National Information Officer for India and Bhutan, United Nations, “The future of the country lies with the children. And the schools are playing a huge role in bridging the gap between Bharat & India.” Here are Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021.
India is a huge country with it’s population belonging to varied backgrounds it has many curriculum to offer. Namely: CBSE, ICSE, State Board, Matriculation and International CBSE , Cambridge International Assessment International Education curriculum. While each Curriculum has it’s own highlights, let us look into the Best International CBSE Schools.
Also read Best Schools & Preschools In Chennai
What does an International School mean?
An International School is a school that promotes international education, either by adopting a curriculum such as that of the International Baccalaureate, Cambridge Assessment International Education, or by following a curriculum that is different from the national curriculum.
CBSE INTERNATIONAL vs CBSE. CBSE International (CBSE – i) is an internationally bench-marked enquiry and skill-based curriculum catering to individual learning styles. Launched by CBSE in 2010, CBSE – i mainly focuses on delivering education with a global outlook to overseas Indian students. On the other hand, CBSE curriculum focuses on national issues and knowledge in the context of India’s history.
Let us look at the Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021, in no particular order.
- Orchids International School - Best International School In Chennai 2021
- The British International School
- Akshar – Arbol International School - Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021
- Greenfield Chennai International School
- Aachi Global School
- Anand Singapore International School
- CPS Global Education
- Gateway International School
- Velammal Global School
- Lalaji Omega Memorial International School
Orchids International School - Best International School In Chennai 2021
They are a chain of 37 International Schools with it’s branches in major cities namely Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata and Chennai. All the chains including schools in Chennai, strive to provide quality education through an amalgamation of innovative techniques and a unique teaching philosophy. They believe that a strong values system and a robust learning environment is what it takes to shape our future global leaders.
SMARTER Curriculum devised by Orchids makes a child self sufficient and composed, always keeping in mind the psychological and emotional quotient of the child. This helps the child to deal with stress and challenges coming her way. The little changes in the curriculum go a long way in making a big impact on the child’s performance and personality.
Infrastructure offered at Orchids
- Smart classrooms making learning more effective and easier with the help of digital boards
- High Tech Computer Labs which offers the latest technology computer knowledge with the best of teaching staff
- Robotics Lab to allow the kids to allow the young geniuses to explore the world of technology and robotics.
- Library which is fully equipped with knowledge in every aspect of life.
- Playground which is huge and consists of courts supporting different Sports like Basketball, Cricket, Badminton, Football Skating. Exclusive Courts are designed for each Sport and there are Sports Teachers which never fail to deliver their best for their students.
To enquire about Orchids, visit here or call 9513731352.
The British International School
Founded in the year 2005 by Mr. Palaniappan Ramaswamy, The British International School is an Independent International Education Centre following the British curriculum. TBISC, as it is known as, has received accreditation from Edexcel International with the main motto of encouraging creativity and exploration among students, and thus promoting excellence in academics.
TBISC offers admissions throughout the year to facilitate parents and expats who re-locate mid-year. It aims to make the environment learner-friendly leading to a smooth transformation of every student into a confident learner. Admissions are subject to fulfillment of admission criteria, availability of seats and payment of fees. Their admissions start for Nursery until Class XII.
They offer a set of subjects under 4 categories:
Primary (upto Year 6), Lower Secondary, IGCSE, GCE.
Student teacher ratio: 7:1
Class strength: 15
The syllabus is prescribed by Edexcel International. The British system of continuous assessment is followed. It also offers various programs to facilitate holistic development of the child.
Contact No. 93810 46192
Also read Best Summer Camps For Kids In Chennai
Akshar – Arbol International School - Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021
Akshar Arbol International School has 2 campuses at Chennai & Injambakkam, and was the first school to have received authorization to offer IB Primary Years Programme in 2014. Teaching at AAIS is student-centred and revolves around inquiry-based practices and project-based learning, wmpowering students with 21st century skills.
At AAIS the teachers adopt an Inquiry-based approach where the modules are designed in such a way that students are encouraged to pursue their quest to find answers to their questions.
A holistic education and internationalism characterize the school. The levels of learning at AAIS are:
- Early Learning Center ( has 3 levels- Pre-kindergarten(ELC1), Lower Kindergarten and Upper Kindergarten (ELC2 & ELC3). Age criteria is 3 years & up.
- Primary School ( 3 – 12 years)
- Middle school ( 12 – 15 years)
- Senior school (15 – 17 years)
Their Admission procedure is a fair one as it is based on Parent Open House where they consider applications regardless of religion, nationality, creed, caste or colour. The link provided in their website allows you to submit your form online. Thereafter the procedure needs to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
International Baccalaureate syllabus is followed. AAIS is the first School to offer International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme in Chennai. They also offer Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum – Cambridge Secondary 1 and IGSCE in the middle School. For Grades 11 & 12, we offer International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme AS/A levels.
Greenfield Chennai International School
GCIS is one of the Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021, pioneering institutions offering International CBSE form of education and boasts of a well-endowed library and renowned teachers which are its role models. Teachers impart Integrated teaching methodologies focusing on the importance of conceptual understanding and connecting learning to real life.
The School offers CBSE/IGSCE curriculum that engages the students in project based learning, reference work, presentation work, field activities and other extra-curricular activities.
- The Woodstock Montessori Model
- Early Primary (Grade 1 &2)
- Primary Classes(Grades 3 -5)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School(Grades 9-10)
Contact: 97911 91397
Aachi Global School
Aachi Global School is one of the pioneering educational institutions in India based on learning which prepares the students to not learn answers to the question but master the art of asking questions. It aims at preparing the students to be pro active members of a global community.
Smart Class Room, Sports Courts/facilities for various sports, Outdoor Sports, Lab facilities.
- Cambridge Early Years Programme
- Cambridge Assessment International Education for
Primary (Class 1-V)
Lower Secondary (VI-VIII)
Upper Secondary (IX-X)
AS & A level(XI-XII)
- IB (PYP) Grade 1-5
- CBSE (I-XII)
Contact: 73388 56789
Anand Singapore International School
Founded by Mr. Jaspal Sidhu and been in the Education Industry for more than 20 years, Anand Singapore International School is in partnership with SIS Group of Schools, which is one of the leading educational groups in Singapore. With the aim of providing top-notch facilities within the portals of the campus, ASIS offers Cambridge Assessment International Education and Singapore curriculum. Having on board world class teachers which are focused in making the best out of their students and hence one of the Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai 2021.
With modern technology for advanced learning, the School offers highly specialized Labs, state-of-the-art Library and Discussion rooms and a multi purpose indoor sports area to allow kids to grow to their full potential.
At ASIS, They offer Cambridge International programme for younger classes and as the kids advance to Secondary level they prepare for International Baccalaureate diploma Program (IBDP). They have adopted the PACE initiative – Perseverance, Analytical thinking, Communication and Entrepreneurism.
CPS Global Education
Chennai Public School follows the motto “The world is your stage”. With the vision to shape the dynamic leaders of tomorrow where their students will set an example of an ideal global citizen with their discipline and strong dynamic personality.
Speciality Programmes offered:
- Waterford International Spellbee
- School of Excellence for French
- Trinity School for Speech & Drama Course
- IIT – Kharagpur graduates assisting CPSites to understand ancient Vedic Maths concepts
- Trinity School for Speech & Drama
- University of Waterloo
- Integrated Pre University Programme in collaboration with the Princeton Review
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme of Geneva
- Advanced Placement – US & Canada based College Board Education
- Cambridge International School
The Thirumazhisai Campus offers the following Programmes:
- Waterford Early Learning Programme
- Cambridge Primary
- Cambridge Secondary 1
- Cambridge IGCSE
- IB Diploma Programme
Admission is open to Grades 1 to 9 & 11 students of the local and international community respectively. Admission is based on first come first serve basis. The students have to appear for an entrance examination CPS GS-SAT and personal interview.
Gateway International School
Making its way to the list of Top 10 International CBSE Schools in Chennai is Gateway International School which believes in imparting strong ethics and values and “Inspiring Excellence” in every walk of life. Gateway IB School is the first continuum school in Chennai to offer all 3 IB programmes (PYP, MYP and DP). Located in four destinations, this School has 4 different Programmes to offer:
- Cambridge Primary ( Age 5-11 years)
- Cambridge Lower Secondary (Age 11-14 years)
- Cambridge Upper Secondary (Age 14-16 years)
- Cambridge Advanced (Age 16-19 years)
- IB ( IB Continuum)
- Cambridge Assessment International Education
- British Council
- The Indian Public School
TIPS, as it is popularly called, aims at the overall development of the students as they engage them in academic excellence goals as well as extra curricular activities. With it’s inception in the year 2011, TIPS has 4 branches at present and gives 2 options – Weekly boarding as well as Complete boarding. Their Residential facilities are at par with standards with staff and student ratio being 2:10. With air conditioned rooms accommodation allowing only maximum 6 persons per room, it strictly adheres to norms.
A guided tour by the Admission team set up by the School helps the parents and students to sail through the admission process with ease. Application form could be submitted online, and thereafter personal visits and participation discussions with Co-ordinator is also mandatory.
- Toddlers Programme
- IB Early Years Programme (Pre KG- KG2)
- IB Primary Years Programme (Grade 1-5)
- CLSP (Cambridge Lower Secondary Programme)
- IGCSE (grade 9 & 10)
- IBDP (grade 11 & 12)
Contact: 044 71188011
Velammal Global School
Mr. Muthuramalingam, a passionate educationist who strives to create global citizens, started his journey way back in 1986. Over a period of 3 decades, this Educational organization has plummeted to great heights having opened 21 branches all over the State. It has successfully ventures into 4 major disciplines- K-12, Nursing, Engineering and Medicine.
- RHYTHMIX (Instrumental music training)
- GAMIFUN – for creating educational games
- VARNA- Drawing & coloring Program
- VOLDEP- A Program which allows children to create designs using 3D technology , augmented reality and virtual reality.
- SCULPTECHI (A Program that kindles the love of clay art, crafting & other hand building techniques)
- I Click, I Flick ( Media & Communication Program)
Cambridge Assessment and International Education
Contact: 044 2659 0614
Lalaji Omega Memorial International School
Established in the year 2005 which offers course in the range of national and international curricula. The school is governed not only by the books but also by teaching values and life-based skills which helps shape the students in the most holistic manner.
- Montessori (Pre-primary)
- Special Education (Indigo)
Contact: 044-6624 1130
A doting mom to an angel, Social Media Specialist & Professional Blogger. She loves to share her thoughts with other parents in the same turbulent boat. She absolutely loves & adores her family & is learning to strike a good work-life balance. When she is not writing, cooking or busy taking care of her toddler, she probably is dancing to some good desi music!