We all love pizzaaa..don’t we? But every time, we eat with guilt! Read on how to make WholeWheat Base Pizza Recipe hence Making Junk Food Healthy!
Let’s enjoy every bit of the pizza along with the healthy veggies!
I am a big foodie and I always try something healthy so that I can eat as much as I want :)
Sharing this recipe of wholewheat base pizza with lots of veggies. Enjoy eating as much as you want. Both Mommy & Child can be happy!
4 big tomatoes
4-5 garlic cloves
Oregano - for taste
Chilli flakes - as required
Sugar if tomatoes are not sweet - 1/2 tsp
1 tbsp olive oil
2tsp tomato sauce and salt as per taste
- Boil and peel tomatoes – turn off after 2 whistles.
- Let it cool and blend it well.
- Then add garlic n onion puree to olive oil in a pan and fry, add tomato puree now along with oregano & chilli flakes let the sauce thicken. Add tomato sauce along with salt and sugar.
Sauce is now ready!
1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
1/2 cup chiroti rava
1 cup water plus milk 50ml or use according to knead the dough
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sugar
Salt as per taste
- In half cup luke warm water add sugar and mix well now add yeast and mix and keep aside for 15min until frothy.
- Take both flour and rawa in bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Make a hole in centre add oil and now add frothy yeast mix well with spatula combining to form dough. Add water as needed until a sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer the sticky dough to work surface and knead well using stretch and fold method until smooth dough is formed. This will take around 15 minutes or lesser.
- Now keep this dough in well oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap and keep aside for raising until it doubles. This should take around 60 mins.
- Meanwhile you can prepare pizza sauce(if you haven't) and cut veggies. You can include corn, bell pepper (red, green & yellow capsicum), onion, olive, tomatoe, pepperoni, mushrooms, spinach, jalapeno and brocolli.
- Take out the dough and punch out the air and knead a little more. Make medium sized balls and roll out similar to making roti. For thin crust roll well(thinner).
- Take a pizza pan and line it with parchment paper and spread rolled base. Use a fork to put marks on base and now spread pizza sauce. Add veggies of your choice and top it with some mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle oregano & chilli flakes if you would like it spicy.
- I added cheddar chesse and basil leaves too, keep it aside for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 180 now bake pizza for 25 min until brown. Serve hot and enjoy the delicious healthy pizza.
This blog has been written by Neha Jain as apart of the #UltimateblogChallenge.
Neha Jain is a Stay-at-home mom, raising her doll Adya. She is new to blogging and is passionate about writing particularly about food.