The “Modern Mommy” considers the 30’s as the perfect time to step into “motherhood”. You are settled with a good job and are mentally more matured to embark into parenthood – as tedious a task it can get.
- 1 This blog is about Getting Pregnant In Your 20s, 30s & 40s.
- 2 How Can You Avoid Miscarriage After 35?
- 3 If You Are New-Mommy Aged Between 20-25
- 4 If You Are A New Mommy Between 26-30
- 5 If You Are A New Mommy Is Aged 31-34 years
- 6 If You Are A New Mommy Is Aged 35-39 years
- 7 If You are A New Mommy is 40years+
This blog is about Getting Pregnant In Your 20s, 30s & 40s.
While every coin is two profile, the good is that you enjoy your independence for a couple of years longer than many of your friends. The flip-side is that your body’s child-bearing ability (fertility) in comparison to your 20’s has significant difference. For every decade-related advantage, a drawback exists. While age is a continuum—your eggs won’t instantaneously shrivel the instantly overnight when you turn naughty at 40. Let’s take a sneak-peak into Getting Pregnant in Your 20s, 30s & 40s.
|GP in Your 20s||GP in Your 30s||GP in Your 40s|
|Child Bearing Potential||Only 7% of the women age 20-25years & 9% between 26-30years face fertility issues. The Prime Age of Fecundity is 25years.||15% between 35-40 years. Drops considerably after 35. Risk of Gestational Diabetes & Hypertension Increases.||1 in 4 pregnancies will fail. More likely to have a pre-term or a low-weight baby. After 43 the chances of having a baby with your own eggs plummets to 10%.|
|Risk of Miscarriage||Lowest – Only 9.5% between 20-24 years of age. 12% between 25-30 years. Less prone to chromosomal mistakes.||18% ~35 years. Propels to 34% by 40years of age. Risk of Down’s Syndrome and other Neurological disorders accelerate after mid 30s.||The chances of miscarriage is almost 50% after 45 years. Also, the chances of Breast Cancer(Lifetime) increases with late pregnancy.|
|Flexibility & Energy||Boundless energy & highest flexibility – You look & feel great. You can carry, swing and play along with your child almost all day long.||Babies have the energy of “Lightning McQueen”. By late 30s, you will feel like a Zootopia Sloth trying to keep up to the overflowing zeal & zest of your toddler.||Obviously the lowest – but also depends on your lifestyle, health & perspective of life. Regular exercise can help retain energy and maintain flexibility.|
|Financial Standing||If both parents are bread-winners for the family, it’s a big financial hit because you haven’t got a chance to climb up in the rat race.||Great. You can always keep in touch with colleagues which can come handy when you want to resume work.||Very stable – You have realized your corporate dreams. Buying expensive branded clothes with an exuberance of cuteness doesn’t pinch the pockets.|
|Ectopic Pregnancy||Chances that the implantation takes place in the fallopian tube, outside the uterus is minimal for women under 25. It increases between 26-30 years – 37%||The incidence of ectopic pregnancy increases since your fallopian tube may have been infected or may have scar tissues.||After 40 it dramatically increases from 19% to almost 47% after 45 years , leading to miscarriage in most cases. It can be life-threatening in some cases.|
|Fertility Issues||At Puberty the eggs number between 3-4Lacs every year & drops by 13,000 thereafter ever year. So, in your 20’s you are less likely to have issues related to fertility.||Nosediving at 38% after 35 years, you are bound to face fertility issues.) double than your 20s. Supply of eggs is only about 25,000 every year by 37 years.||At 40years your chance of conceiving within a year is about 45% however, by 43years miraculously it drops to 2%. Risk of Down Syndrome at 45 drops from 1 in 100 at 40 to 1 in 30 at 45.|
|Cesarean Vs Normal Delivery||Wondering how to get a normal delivery? Chances of Cesarian is the lowest in mid 20s ~14%. Your pelvic muscles are more flexibles.||The chances of having a Cesarean rises to 43% after 35 years. Complications increase with age.||Fetal distress, prolonged 2nd stage labor lead to cesarian in most cases.|
|Twin Pregnancies||1 in 16 pregnancies result in twins. Shocking that the % only creases every year since obesity is on the rise. Other factors may be heredity, undergoing fertility issues or height (tall).||Wondering how to get pregnant fast with twins? 1 in 5 pregnancies result in twin pregnancies between 35-39 years. Women above 35 produce more FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) leading to more than one egg being released.||Women undergoing IVF treatments also have a higher chance of bearing twins. About 13% for women between 41-43 and it drops to 8.5% thereafter. Hence, odds of multiple birth reduces.|
|Maturity – Mental, Physical & Emotional||Stress creates tension & dissatisfaction in marital relationships. She who threw a surprise birthday party for her bestie 2 years ago, suddenly is bound by home, chores & child.||Age & Maturity do not necessarily progress proportionately. But in your 30s, you are more matured than in your 20s since You have observed babies family & friends of similar age being nurtured –parenting is easier.||Maturity at this age is evidently higher since you have already seen a lot in life. Also, your husband is most likely more supportive. Family holds significantly higher importance than partying with friends especially if you as a couple has strived hard to conceive a baby.|
|Upbringing Of Your Child||Your child gets all the love from the family members while you and they are still young. You are happy because your family, grandparents in particular, collectively can inculcate the right value system & culture that you single-handedly probably can’t.||While you are in your mid 30’s your parents are in their 3rd innings of their life, most likely retired. While they may be unable to help too much with coping up with the adventurous and curious young turks, they certainly can spend quality time with their grandchildren imbibing good values through bed-timestories.||In the last leg of your 40s, you may have to independently take care of your toddler in personal capacity. While you can very well afford domestic help, the upbringing of a child amidst family vastly differs from that of others.|
How Can You Avoid Miscarriage After 35?
Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) – CVS is a prenatal test done to diagnose many high risk conditions.
At about 35, many women may need minor ( if any) medical intervention to get pregnant. But if they want another next child, say around 39, those same medications are less likely to work effectively. So, how to get pregnant after 35?
Overall, in your 30s you have about 15% chance of getting pregnant in any single ovulation cycle. Your chances of conceiving in early 30s within a year are about 75%. But child bearing potential wanes as you grow old, so in your late 30s, your chance of getting pregnant within a year drops to 65 percent.
Typically, you release one egg a cycle. But as you get older, your follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) level increases. When this hormonal surge occurs, there’s a chance you may release more than one egg during a cycle, upping the odds of a multiple birth. So, you are in your mid 30s & having intercourse (unprotected) about thrice a week for 6-9 months, you should probably consult your gynecologist.
While the Average “Child Bearing Age” has increased with time, and many women consciously choose to step into motherhood only after 35, you should consider freezing your eggs to increase the chances of pregnancy in your early 30s.
If You Are New-Mommy Aged Between 20-25
Well you know the best positions to get pregnant even with irregular periods, your chances of pregnancy are very high-
- You look young, confident & your skin more resilient hence the tendency to deal with stretch marks is much better because of “Fascia which cushion like a sheath to keep our waistlines compact & helps us get back to shape.
- The chances of a chromosomal abnormality is only 1 in 500 & Down Syndrome is only 1 in 1250.
If You Are A New Mommy Between 26-30
How to get pregnant quickly & naturally within 2 months is best possible in this age bracket –
- You are less prone to health problems relative to early 20s. Girls in early 20s are prone develop more health problems than those who wait until their early 30s. Chances of miscarriage spirals to ~13 percent. Down Syndrome risk at 30years is 1 in 1,000 and 1 in 400 for Chromosomal Abnormality. An indicative study has proved that children of older parents have a slightly higher scoring ability at school.
- You are at cross-roads considering career & finance banking on a good come-back post-delivery. However, emotionally you are charged with great emotional and physical maturity to bond with your child as well as your spouse. At this juncture, you can easily cope up with the boundless energy of your toddler making you feel ecstatic and confident.
If You Are A New Mommy Is Aged 31-34 years
“I need to become pregnant this month” maynot work in your mid 30’s, your body is undergoing many hormonal changes; so how to get pregnant after 30 –
- There’s a clear drop-off in fertility between ages 31 and 35.
- You are confident; mentally & financially more stable to embrace parenthood.
- You have not compromised with your career.
If You Are A New Mommy Is Aged 35-39 years
Getting pregnant fast and easy after 35 maybe difficult, so how to get pregnant after 35 –
- 20% women in this age group will have trouble conceiving 25% of them will end in complications & thus miscarriage & the risk of chromosomal abnormalities goes up exponentially- 1 in 100.
- You have seen the world and grown through your responses, so when you’re ready to start a family, you bring more resources. You know yourself better.
- Your child enjoys more luxury than you could afford 10 years ago.
If You are A New Mommy is 40years+
If you are wondering how to get pregnant after 40, you should know –
- Slower metabolism makes it harder to bounce back after pregnancy. A regular exercise regimen during and after pregnancy aids to counter age- and weight-related pregnancy complications, such as diabetes, urinary incontinence and uterine prolapse.
- Miscarriage in pregnancy rises to 50%, chance of chromosomal abnormalities nearly doubles from 35 to 40 (it’s 1 in 60 at age 40years; 1 in 40 at age 42years).
- “Bring It On!”… you are ready for any task having spent Donkey years dealing with all things but a troublesome toddler.
- Since you have a well-established career, you can opt for flexi or work from home options.
- The disadvantage is that you will probably see your child get married when you can barely shake a leg during his/her wedding. You may be the oldest mom among all her friends.
Hope this article gave in-depth information on Getting Pregnant In Your 20s, 30s & 40s! Happy Parenting! 🙂
It may also interest you to read –