Back pain or discomfort during Pregnancy is a common phenomenon wherein the extent of discomfort varies from mild to extreme. The second half of pregnancy could be more taxing as back pain usually increases during that period. This is due to the simple fact that the baby growth is more rapid, thus applying more pressure on your spine which holds the weight of the growing baby and the uterus. Read more about Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy – Causes & Treatment.
During pregnancy, the body releases a hormone called ‘relaxin’ which helps the body to prepare for child birth. One of the effects of this hormone is that the ligaments throughout the body get loosened thereby reducing the stability of the pregnant woman and making her susceptible to weakness. A host of mechanical and hormonal factors lead to various discomforts during Pregnancy period, the most prominent being the lower back pain. Studies indicate that nearly 5 – 7 out of 10 pregnant women suffer from this body condition.
- 1 Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy – Causes & Treatment
- 2 What causes back pain during Pregnancy?
- 3 Excessive weight gain during pregnancy
- 4 Shift in the center of gravity
- 5 Change in posture or position during pregnancy
- 6 Stress during pregnancy
- 7 Muscle separation
- 8 Previous health records
- 9 Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- 10 How to treat back pain during pregnancy?
- 11 How to prevent back pain during pregnancy
- 12 Best Yoga Poses During Pregnancy –
- 13 Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
- 14 Easy pose (Sukha