Cavity (also known as tooth decay and dental caries) is a hole in the teeth usually caused by a slimy substance called plaque that carries a lot of germs. These cavities, when left unattended, can grow bigger and deeper and even lead to necessary extraction of teeth. Tooth decay is a problem that only affects adults, but they also are seen in small children as young as two years old. So, How To Prevent Dental Cavities In Children?
Statistics of occurrence of tooth decay in children are quite alarming and raises questions like toddler tooth decay reversal? The fact is, nearly 42 percent of children aged between 2 to 11years develop a cavity in their primary teeth and 28 percent of children between 2 to 5years suffer from at least one cavity. This statistic is enough to give nightmares to parents. Most commonly cavities in children’s molars and in front teeth are noted.
- 1 DEVELOPMENT OF TEETH IN CHILDREN
- 2 HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD’S TEETH
- 3 WHY CAVITY OR TOOTH DECAY OCCURS IN CHILDREN
- 4 SYMPTOMS OF CAVITIES IN CHILDREN
- 5 CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS OF CAVITY
- 6 TREATMENT OF CAVITIES
- 7 How to treat cavities in baby teeth?